Benefits for Employees
Cooper University Health Care has made a commitment to its employees by providing competitive rates of compensation, a comprehensive employee benefits program, attractive work place, and the chance to build and explore career opportunities by offering professional development.
Medical Coverage – Three Plans Offered
Cooper Health Plans (Cooper Core and Cooper Standard offered)
- Small co-pay when service is received from Cooper providers ($15 Standard Plan and $30 Core Plan)
- Choosing Cooper University Health Care providers gives the highest level of coverage
- Out-of-network benefits available
- Voluntary vision coverage through Eye Med
- $10 co-pay for one exam per 12 months
- $25 co-pay for lenses per 12 months and frames per 24 months
- Prescription Plan through Medco
- Retail prescriptions – Co-pay is the greater of 20 percent or $10,$25,$40 for 30-day supply (max co-pay $150)
- Mail order prescriptions – Co-pay is the greater of 20 percent or $20, $50, $80 for 90-day supply (max co-pay $300)
- Mandatory mail order required after fourth refill for maintenance drugs
Amerihealth POS Plan – NJ/PA
- Small co-pay for services; must select a primary care provider. Vision and prescription are also included.
Medical Plan Waiver
- Employees may waive participation in the medical plan with proof of coverage.
Dental Coverage - Three Plans Offered
- 100 percent preventative care, 80 percent basic restorative care, 50 percent major care, $1250 maximum benefit per calendar year, 50 percent orthodontic care for children under 19 years of age with a $1500 lifetime maximum
- Premier and Out-of-Network Coverage: 100 percent preventative care, 50 percent major and restorative care, $1250 maximum benefit per calendar year, 50 percent orthodontic care for children under 19 years of age with a $1500 lifetime maximum
- 100 percent preventative care, 100 percent basic restorative care, 50 percent major care, $1800 maximum benefit per calendar year, 50 percent orthodontic for adults up to a $2000 lifetime maximum.
- Premier and Out-of-Network Coverage: 100 percent preventative, 80 percent major, 50 percent restorative care, $1800 maximum benefit per calendar year, 50 percent orthodontic for adults up to a $2000 lifetime maximum
- 100 percent preventative and restorative care, no maximum benefits. Must use a network dentist. No age limit for orthodontic care, no annual deductible.
- New Jersey State Plan provides 2/3 of base salary up to the state maximum
- Must use one week of PTO before beginning state disability benefits
- Receive short-term disability for a maximum of 180 days
- Also have option to select additional voluntary short term disability through Unum Insurance
- Disability insurance is provided for up to 60 percent of base salary combined with Social Security up to $15,000 a month for all employees.
- One times salary provided; may purchase up to five times salary to $1 million dollar maximum
- Term life insurance available for dependent child(ren) in coverage amounts of $5,000 or $10,000
- Term life insurance available for spouse in coverage amounts of $5,000 to $25,000 in $5,000 increments
Tax Sheltered Annuity (TSA)
- Employees can establish a 403(b) Tax Sheltered Annuity upon hire.
- Employees can defer 1 percent to 100 percent of pre-federal tax dollars up to the IRS limits.
- Contributions available through Fidelity Investments
Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
- After 1 year of service and 1,000 hours worked qualify for Defined Contribution Plan through Fidelity Investments
- 2 ½ percent match available up to IRS limits
- 1 percent basic contributions annually up to IRS limits
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Medical Care Spending Account
- $100 minimum/$2500 maximum per year
Dependent Care Spending Account
- $100 minimum/$5000 maximum per year ($2500 if married and file separate tax returns
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off (vacation, sick, holidays)
- Extended Sick Leave
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- On Site Credit Union
- Worker’s Compensation
- Pre-Federal Tax Parking
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Series I Savings Bonds
- Employee RN Referral Bonus
- Full-time employees: First of the month following date of hire
- Part-time employees: First of the month following three full months of employment. Not eligible for medical HMOs