Benefits for Employees
Cooper University Health Care has made a commitment to its employees by providing competitive rates of compensation, a comprehensive employee benefits program, attractive work place, and the chance to build and explore career opportunities by offering professional development.
Medical Coverage– 3 Plans Offered
Cooper Health Plans (Cooper Core & Cooper Standard offered)
- Small co-pay when service is received from Cooper Providers ($15 Standard Plan & $30 Core Plan)
- Choosing Cooper University Hospital providers gives the highest level of coverage
- Out of Network benefits available
- Voluntary Vision coverage through Eye Med
- $10 co-pay for one exam per 12 months
- $25 co-pay for lenses per 12 months and frames per 24 months
- Prescription Plan through Medco
- Retail prescriptions – Co-pay is the greater of 20% or $10,$25,$40 for 30-day supply (max co-pay $150)
- Mail order prescriptions – Co-pay is the greater of 20% or $20, $50, $80 for 90-day supply (max co-pay $300)
- Mandatory Mail order required after 4th refill for maintenance drugs
Amerihealth POS Plan – NJ/PA
- Small co-pay for services; must select a primary care provider. Vision and prescription are also included.
Medical Plan Waiver
- Employees may waive participation in the medical plan with proof of coverage.
Dental Coverage- 3 plans offered
- 100% preventative care, 80% basic restorative care, 50% major care, $1250 maximum benefit per calendar year, 50% orthodontic care for children under 19 years of age with a $1500 lifetime maximum
- Premier & Out of Network Coverage – 100% preventative care, 50% major and restorative care, $1250 maximum benefit per calendar year, 50% orthodontic care for children under 19 years of age with a $1500 lifetime maximum
- 100% preventative care, 100% basic restorative care, 50% major care, $1800 maximum benefit per calendar year, 50% orthodontic for adults up to a $2000 lifetime maximum.
- Premier & Out of Network Coverage – 100% preventative, 80% major, 50% restorative care, $1800 maximum benefit per calendar year, 50% orthodontic for adults up to a $2000 lifetime maximum
- 100% preventative and restorative care, no maximum benefits. Must use a network dentist. No age limit for orthodontic care, no annual deductible.
Short Term Disability
- New Jersey State Plan provides 2/3 of base salary up to the state maximum
- Must use 1 week of PTO before beginning state disability benefits
- Receive short term disability for a maximum of 180 days
- Also have option to select additional Voluntary short term disability through Unum Insurance
Long Term Disability
- Disability insurance is provided for up to 60% of base salary combined with Social Security up to $15,000 a month for all employees.
- One times salary provided; may purchase up to five times salary to $1 million dollar maximum
- Term life insurance available for dependent child(ren) in coverage amounts of $5,000 or $10,000
- Term life insurance available for spouse in coverage amounts of $5,000 to $25,000 in $5,000 increments
Tax Sheltered Annuity (TSA)
- Employees can establish a 403(b) Tax Sheltered Annuity upon hire.
- Employees can defer 1% to 100% of pre-federal tax dollars up to the IRS limits.
- Contributions available through: AXA Equitable, Fidelity, Met Life and TIAA-CREF
Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
- After 1 year of service and 1,000 hours worked qualify for Defined Contribution Plan through Fidelity Investments
- 2 and ½% match available up to IRS limits
- 1% basic contributions annually up to IRS limits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Medical Care Spending Account
- $100 minimum/$3000 maximum per year
Dependent Care Spending Account
- $100 minimum/$5000 maximum per year ($2500 if married and file separate tax returns
- Employee Assistance Program
- PTO (vacation, sick, holidays)
- Extended Sick Leave
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- On Site Credit Union
- Worker’s Compensation
- Pre-federal tax parking
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Series I Savings Bonds
- Employee RN Referral Bonus
- Full-time Employees: First of the month following date of hire
- Part-time Employees: First of the month following three full months of employment. Not eligible for medical HMOs