Visits are an important part of your treatment. However, to make sure that you receive the rest and care you need, visitors are asked to observe the following visiting guidelines.
- All visitors should obtain visitor passes from the information desk in the main lobby. These passes are to be returned to the desk when the visitors leave the hospital.
- All visitors are expected to respect established visiting hours of each unit.
- We suggest that visitors who have a contagious disease, including a common cold, postpone visiting until they are well.
- Cooper is a smoke-free hospital. That means smoking is not permitted anywhere in our hospital buildings and offices.
- Due to space limitations, we ask that families limit the number of guests present at bedside to two at a time.
Patient Visiting Hours
General Visiting Hours
We know how important it is to you to visit someone you love who is hospitalized. Therefore, we provide extensive general visiting hours for your convenience.
- Pavilion 6 and 7, Kelemen South 8, North 8 (PCU and CICU), North 9, North 10 and South 10 - 9 a.m. until 11 p.m.
- Children’s Regional Hospital Pediatric Patient Care Units - 11a.m. – 9:30 p.m. (Parents have 24-hour visiting privileges)
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) - Parents have 24-hour visiting privileges
- Post-Anesthesia Care Unit - There may be a delay from the time the surgeon speaks to family and when the patient actually arrives in the PACU. A PACU nurse will notify the family when the patient arrives in the PACU. There is limited visiting in the recovery room. Visitation of critically-ill patients’ will be evaluated according to the patient’s condition. Parents or legal guardians of patients under the age of 18 will be permitted to see the patient.
Special Visiting Hours
In the best interest of our patients, some units require the following special visiting hours:
- Critical Care, Intensive Care Unit (ICU): 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. / 3 p.m. - 5 p.m. / 8:30 p.m. - 11 p.m..
- Cardiac Care Unit (CCU): 11:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. / 8 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- Psychiatric Care (South 5): M-F 6:30 p.m. - 8 p.m. / S-S 2 p.m. - 4 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Maternity (Dorrance 3 and 5): 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. (24-hour visiting privileges for support person)
Trauma Intensive Care
Visiting times in the Trauma Intensive Care Unit may be delayed due to completion of physician rounds. All visitors are requested to obtain passes and remain in the main lobby until the Information Desk receptionist verifies the exact time when visitors can enter the unit.
- Trauma Intensive Care Unit (TICU): 9 a.m. - 10 a.m. / 1 p.m. - 5 p.m./ 8:30 p.m.- 11 p.m. Physicians will be available to meet with families 1 p.m. - 2 p.m.
- Trauma Step-Down Unit (TSDU): 12 p.m. - 6 p.m. / 8: 30 p.m. - 11p.m.
- Trauma Patient Care (North 7, Rooms 718-729): 9 a.m. - 11 p.m. Physicians will be available to meet with families after 2 p.m. Visiting times may be individualized for patients who are 17 years or younger