The Cooper Aortic Center provides world-class care through the accurate diagnosis of diseases and conditions that attack the body’s arterial system. Vascular disease affects the circulatory system and includes diseases of the arteries, veins and lymph vessels, as well as blood disorders that affect circulation.
The Cooper Aortic Center provides state-of-the-art treatment for the following conditions:
- Complex aortic repair
- Abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAA)
- Arch aneurysms
- Thoracic aortic aneurysms (TAA)
- Thoracic aortic dissection (type A and type B)
- Iliac aneurysms
Aortic disease poses significant health risks because when an aneurysm or dissection bursts or tears, severe internal bleeding and shock can occur. Blood clots can also break off traveling to other organs in the body, cutting off oxygen and restricting blood flow, resulting in loss of life or limb.
South Jersey’s Expert Aortic Team Saving Lives
Cooper Aortic Center is staffed by the only multidisciplinary team in southern New Jersey committed to the care and treatment of aortic disease. Patients of the Cooper Aortic Center have access to the region’s best physicians and clinicians dedicated to providing expert care in a compassionate, patient-focused environment.
Cooper’s vascular and cardiothoracic surgeons are leaders in the endovascular repair of aortic disease and are renowned for their ability to perform complex open surgical procedures. The physicians and staff of the Cooper Aortic Center work closely with each patient to identify the best treatment options for their disease and lifestyle.
Cooper’s Vascular Diagnostic Centers - The Area’s Most Advanced Vascular Labs
Cooper’s Vascular Diagnostic Centers are conveniently located, staffed with registered vascular technologists, and offer fast and convenient scheduling. Vascular tests include:
- Peripheral arterial imaging
- Venous ultrasound
- Abdominal aortic evaluations
- Visceral vascular evaluations
- Cerebrovascular (extra/intracranial)
- Vein mapping (pre-op evaluation)
Aortic procedures are performed in South Jersey’s first hybrid operating room (OR), a state-of-the-art surgical suite. Cooper’s hybrid OR is designed specifically for vascular and cardiothoracic patients, combining cutting-edge surgical technology with the most sophisticated imaging capabilities.
Patients treated in the hybrid OR experience:
- Shorter procedure times
- Less radiation exposure
- Reduced need for ICU care
- Less risk of infection
- Shorter hospital stays
- Faster recovery
Risk Factors for Aortic Disease
- Family history
- Heart disease
- Hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis)
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Trauma to the chest
- Long periods of sitting or standing still
- Any condition that affects the heart and blood vessels, such as diabetes or high cholesterol
- Connective tissue disorders including Marfan syndrome or Ehlers-Danlos syndrome
Click on any of the physicians below to view their full profile