The Children’s Regional Hospital at Cooper is committed to excellence in education, research, and high-quality, safe care for pediatric patients and their families. As the only state-designated acute care children’s hospital in South Jersey, Cooper provides exceptional pediatric primary care and comprehensive specialty care services for every patient, every day, in a patient- and family-centered environment.
A Recognized Leader in Pediatric Inpatient Care
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) treats full-term and premature infants with medical and surgical problems related to premature birth, respiratory, metabolic or birth disorders
- Only hospital-based pediatric surgery program in South Jersey
- Only Level 1 Trauma Center in South Jersey, and the only trauma center south of New Brunswick in the state to treat critically injured children
- Renowned Pediatric Emergency Department with fellowship-trained physicians, distinct waiting areas and rooms specifically designed to meet the needs of infants and children
- Academic medical center with the largest pediatric teaching program in South Jersey
- Fully implemented electronic health record (EHR) system allows our physicians to access all of their patient’s information whether they are in the hospital, the emergency department or one of Cooper’s many outpatient offices.
Facilities at Children’s Regional Hospital
- Separate eight-bed Pediatric Emergency Department
- Two pediatric trauma beds
- Private room, six-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- 35-bed Level 3 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- 28-bed Pediatric Medical/Surgical Unit
- 12-bed Pediatric “Step-Down” Intermediate Care Unit