The Cooper Osteoporosis Program offers patients comprehensive care to help them manage osteoporosis. Our multidisciplinary team of board-certified rheumatology, orthopaedic, endocrine and gynecological specialists is experienced in the prevention, evaluation, diagnosis, treatment and management of osteoporosis.
Our comprehensive program offers the latest diagnostic tests available, including a DEXA Scan.
Cooper’s team of experts works with patients to create individual treatment plans designed to reduce symptoms, control the autoimmune process and maintain the body's ability to fight disease. Educational programs and exercise classes targeted for women to help prevent and manage osteoporosis are offered through the Ripa Center for Women’s Health and Wellness,
Remember, you can help prevent osteoporosis by:
- Getting the calcium and vitamin D you need every day.
- Do regular weight-bearing and muscle-strengthening exercises.
- Don’t smoke and don’t drink too much alcohol.
- Talk to your healthcare provider about your chance of getting osteoporosis, and ask when you should have a bone density test.
- Take an osteoporosis medicine when it’s right for you.
Osteoporosis Resources for Patients
- Strengthen the Bone Extended Exercise Classes at Cooper's Ripa Center for Women's Health and Wellness
- Osteoporosis Risk Factors (pdf)
- Osteoporosis Risk Factor Quiz (pdf)
- Bone Basics (pdf)
- Top 10 Myths About Osteoporosis (pdf)
- Men and Osteoporosis (pdf)
- National Osteoporosis Foundation website
- National Bone Health Alliance website
- American Orthopaedic Association Own the Bone website