Minimally Invasive Weight Loss Surgery
If you’re struggling with obesity, weight-loss surgery – also called metabolic and bariatric surgery – may enable you to lose weight and keep it off for life. At Cooper University Health Care’s Center for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, we provide multidisciplinary, lifelong care to people who choose to undergo a weight-loss procedure.
Our specialists are solely dedicated to helping people with obesity or morbid obesity achieve and maintain their weight-loss goals. Surgery can also help treat obesity-related health conditions such as diabetes, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure, allowing you to live a longer and healthier life.
Join Us: Free online weight-loss surgery informational seminar. Click here to register.
Why Choose Cooper for Weight-Loss Surgery?
Our fellowship-trained surgeons and advanced practice nurses specialize in caring for patients who choose weight-loss surgery as a tool to regain control of their health and life. Our surgeons have performed thousands of weight-loss surgeries, demonstrating the depth of our expertise.
Some of the many features of our program include:
- MBSAQIP Accredited – Comprehensive with Adolescent Qualifications Center: Cooper’s Center for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery meets rigorous criteria for safe, high-quality surgical care. As a result, the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program has named us an MBSAQIP Accredited - Comprehensive with Adolescent Qualifications Center. Learn more at MBSAQIP.
- Thorough consultation and evaluation process: Our bariatric surgery team conducts a thorough evaluation to determine whether you are a candidate for surgery. If you are, we work with your primary care doctor to schedule necessary presurgery testing and evaluations. We also help you decide what type of surgery is best for you.
- Multidisciplinary approach to your care: Our team extends beyond our highly skilled bariatric surgeons and advanced practice nurses. Nutritionists help you develop healthy eating plans to sustain your weight loss. We also have physical therapists who create exercise regimens tailored to your activity level and physical abilities.
- Careful consideration of your goals: Our doctors take the time to learn what you want to achieve with your weight loss. For example, some people want to lose weight to become candidates for knee replacement surgery. Others may want to better control their diabetes or run a 5K. Understanding your healthy goals helps us tailor your overall weight-loss plan.
- Ongoing follow-up: Our team is dedicated to providing lifelong care for bariatric surgery patients. To ensure your success, we encourage regular check-ups and participation in monthly support groups addressing nutrition, exercise, and other weight-loss topics. Our doctors and nurses are on call 24/7 to answer any questions or concerns you may have after your surgery.
- Close coordination with your referring doctor: For you to receive the highest quality care, your primary care physician and other medical specialists need to be involved in your weight-loss surgery treatment plan. Their involvement includes coordinating your testing before surgery as well as providing care after surgery. Our team has ongoing communication with your referring physician throughout the entire process.
- Join Us: Free online weight loss surgery informational seminar, register here.
- For an appointment or consultation, schedule online or call 856.673.4500.
- If you are a doctor who wants to refer a patient to Cooper, please call 856.673.4500.