If you or your loved ones are affected by a serious neurological illness of injury, you can trust the neurocritical care team at Cooper. Our experts are specially trained in the diagnosis and management of complex and acute neurological conditions.
Multidisciplinary Approach to Neurocritical Care
Patients at Cooper can benefit from a multidisciplinary team of neurologists, anesthesiologists, neurosurgeons, nurse practitioners, and critical care nurses who treat a wide array of conditions, including:
- Ischemic stroke
- Hemorrhagic stroke (intracerebral hemorrhages)
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Traumatic spine and spinal cord injury
- Seizures and status epilepticus
- Infections of the nervous system, such as meningitis and encephalitis
- Neuromuscular emergencies, such as myasthenia gravis and Guillain-Barre syndrome
- Autoimmune diseases of the nervous system
- Tumors of the brain and spinal cord
- Arteriovenous malformations (AVMs)
- Cerebral aneurysms (brain aneurysm)
Cooper University Health Care is the leading academic health system in the region, and the Cooper neurocritical care team is at the forefront of research in the field.