Gastrointestinal problems affect more than a million people in the U.S. every year. Selecting the physicians and practice that provide the best care for your unique needs is extremely important.
Cooper University Health Care provides the latest diagnostic procedures and treatment options for patients with disorders of the pancreas, liver, gallbladder, esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon, digestive tract problems and related digestive issues.
Areas of special interest for Cooper gastroenterologists include:
- Gastric motility disorders
- Peptic ulcer disease
- Irritable bowel disease (IBS)
- Gastrointestinal cancers
Gastrointestinal Procedures and Services
Our resources include the latest advances in the diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal disorders, including minimally invasive endoscopic equipment. With these minimally invasive capabilities, physicians insert tubes through the mouth, nose or rectum to examine and treat problems of the digestive tract. Annually, staff members perform thousands of minimally invasive, endoscopic procedures.
Procedures and diagnostic testing performed by our physicians includes:
- ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
- Upper GI Endoscopy
- Endoscopic Ultrasound
- Liver Biopsy
- Esophageal Dilation
- Esophageal Motility Study
- Placement of G-Tube (PEG)
- Video capsule endoscopy (PillCamSB)
Evaluation and treatment of digestive disorders
- Evaluation and treatment of hepatic diseases
- Colorectal cancer screening
- Evaluation and treatment of reflux
- Evaluation and treatment of pancreatic siseases
A Comprehensive and Coordinated Approach to Digestive Disease Care
The Cooper Digestive Health Institute and the physicians of Cooper University Gastroenterology provide superior care with unique advantages for patients:
- Nationally recognized physician experts. The physicians of Cooper University Gastroenterology offer a level of experience and clinical excellence that is unmatched in South Jersey.
- Support staff with special training in gastroenterology. An all-RN staff of specially trained nurses provides patients with a superior level of care.
- One call / One number. Patients benefit from the one-number advantage of the Cooper Digestive Health Institute. All programs and services are available by calling one number: 856.642.2133.
- State-of-the-art new endoscopy center with advanced technology. The new Cooper Digestive Health Institute features four advanced procedure rooms, eight pre-operative and post-operative recovery areas, and 10 patient exam rooms; as well as state-of-the-art imaging technology with the latest diagnostic and treatment options.
- Attention to both general and complex gastrointestinal (GI) problems. Cooper University Gastroenterology understands that GI problems of any kind can impact an individual’s quality of life. Our physicians approach each individual need, whether general or complex, with the same attention to detail and resolution.
- World-class care in your neighborhood. Services are available at convenient outpatient locations throughout South Jersey and the Delaware Valley.
- Patient- and family-centered care. The Cooper Digestive Health Institute provides the ultimate patient-centered care, featuring comfortably appointed waiting areas with complimentary computer kiosks for family and friends and “one-stop” for patients undergoing procedures with the innovative stretcher chair that shifts from chair-to-bed-to-cart to move patient seamlessly between pre-op, procedure and recovery areas.
Colon Cancer Prevention and Detection with Dr. Christopher Deitch
Dr. Christopher Deitch of Cooper's Digestive Health Institute talks about...
Dr. Christopher Deitch NBC10 Colon Cancer Webinar Promo
The team at the Cooper Digestive Health Institute and their colleagues at MD...
- 1 of 2