The muscles, bones, joints, and nerves of the hand can work in a wonderful harmony that we rarely notice. Unfortunately, injury and disease can disrupt that harmony and produce pain, deformity, and dysfunction.
At Cooper University Health Care’s Hand and Nerve Center, a multidisciplinary team of specialists in hand and nerve disorders comes together to offer expert, collaborative care.
Why Choose Cooper for Hand and Nerve Care?
Patients and families in the South Jersey community and beyond choose Cooper for hand and nerve services because of our:
- Expertise: Our hand and nerve specialists have experience treating many different hand and upper extremity disorders using a variety of techniques. Our hand fellowship-trained doctors have received specialized training in the hand’s tissues, bones, and structures. This knowledge helps them perform intricate surgeries with effective results.
- Innovative treatment options: We offer patients many treatment options, including nonsurgical solutions. When surgery is necessary, Cooper offers many approaches that result in a quicker recovery and reduced pain.
- Advanced technology: Our procedure rooms are equipped with advanced technologies that benefit patients during diagnosis and treatment. An image-compatible operating table guides doctors during intricate surgeries. Minimally invasive instruments allow for smaller incisions during surgery with the same effective results.
- Team approach: At Cooper, a team of specialists – including orthopaedic surgeons,plastic surgeons, rheumatologists, physiatrists, and occupational therapists – work together for your benefit. This collaboration ensures you receive the highest level of care.
- Comprehensive rehabilitation services: If your doctor recommends surgery, post-surgery rehabilitation may help to increase your hand’s strength and function. Cooper’s rehabilitation program offers a wide range of physical therapy and occupational therapy options with trained specialists to guide your care. Learn more about our physical and occupational therapy and rehabilitation program.
Hand and Nerve Conditions We Treat
Our multidisciplinary team of specialists cares for a wide range of hand and nerve conditions.
We specialize in the treatment of:
Hand and Nerve Services
Our team is dedicated to providing expert care for people with hand and nerve pain or related conditions. Depending on your unique circumstances, your doctor may recommend one or more of the following: