Fighting Breast Cancers TOGETHER.
If you have been diagnosed with breast cancer, your cancer journey should not be traveled alone. You need an entire team by your side, ensuring that every aspect of your care is managed and coordinated.
Call 856.536.1252 to make your appointment today.
When faced with breast cancer, you need expert care that’s delivered in a comfortable environment, with compassion and confidence.
The Janet Knowles Breast Cancer Center at MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper is one of South Jersey’s leading providers of prevention, detection, and treatment services for patients diagnosed with breast cancer.
We offer breast cancer care from preventive screenings and genetic counseling and testing to breast reconstruction surgery after mastectomy — and everything in between. Our team is committed to providing you the most personalized treatment plan while helping you navigate your care.
Why Choose MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper for Breast Cancer Care?
As a partner with MD Anderson Cancer Center, one of the nation’s leading cancer centers, our breast cancer team offers the same advanced treatment options and clinical protocols offered at MD Anderson in Houston. You can expect:
- Advanced screening and diagnosis: Our imaging centers are designated Breast Imaging Centers of Excellence by the American College of Radiology, which means our specialists use advanced breast imaging technologies for effective breast screening and diagnosis.
- Convenience: With offices located throughout South Jersey, you’ll have access to highly skilled physicians and advanced diagnostic and treatment options — and they’ll be close to home.
- Team approach to breast cancer care: At MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper, an entire team of breast cancer specialists — surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, reconstructive surgeons, and other skilled professionals — pool their expertise to ensure you receive the most effective treatments for your circumstances.
- Access to clinical trials: Because our specialists are at the forefront of breast cancer research, you may be eligible to participate in a clinical trial. You could have the opportunity to try new and effective treatments.
- Dedicated nurse navigator: Our compassionate nurse navigator serves as your advocate, educating you about your treatment options and helping you keep track of appointments.
- Breast cancer risk assessment programs: Some breast cancers have a genetic link. Our cancer genetics program helps determine whether you’re at higher risk for breast or other cancers. If you are, we’ll work with you to explain the screening, risk reduction, and prevention options. Learn more about our cancer genetics program and breast cancer risk assessment program.
- Full range of support services: A cancer diagnosis can cause lots of uncertainty. At MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper, we’re committed to supporting you. Our integrative oncology specialists teach you how diet, exercise, and mental well-being affect your overall health. We also offer social workers to help you manage the financial burden of cancer.
Breast Cancer Treatment
After a thorough evaluation and assessment, your doctor will recommend a breast cancer treatment plan that’s best for you. Depending on the location and stage of breast cancer, your doctor may suggest one treatment or a combination of therapies.
We offer the most effective breast cancer treatments used today, including:
- Hormone therapy
- Breast surgery
- Radiation therapy
To learn more about breast cancer services at MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper or to schedule an appointment, call 856.536.1252.