Visits are an important part of your treatment. However, to make sure that you receive the rest and care you need, visitors are asked to observe the following visiting guidelines.
- All visitors should obtain visitor passes from the information desk in the main lobby. These passes are to be returned to the desk when the visitors leave the hospital.
- All visitors are expected to respect established visiting hours of each unit.
- We suggest that visitors who have a contagious disease, including the common cold, postpone visiting until they are well.
- Cooper is a smoke-free hospital. We ask that you refrain from smoking while visiting the hospital. Smoking is not permitted anywhere in our hospital buildings and offices.
- Because we care about the comfort of all of our patients, we request that all visitors be sensitive to the needs of other patients and families by speaking softly, showing consideration to all, respecting individuals around them, and monitoring the behavior of children.
- Due to space limitations, we ask that families limit the number of guests present at bedside to two at a time.
Patient Visiting Hours
General Visiting Hours
9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
• Roberts Pavilion 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9
• Kelemen Building North 8 and South 8
• Kelemen Building North 9 and South 9
• Kelemen Building North 10 and South 10
Children’s Regional Hospital (Kelemen Building North 5, South 7)
11 a.m. to 9 p.m. | 24-Hour Parent Visiting Privileges
• Pediatric Patient Care Units
• Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
• Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Critical Care, Intensive Care Unit (Roberts Pavilion 4)
11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
• Physicians available to meet with families from 3 p.m. until 5 p.m.
Cardiac Care Unit (Kelemen Building North 4)
11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., 8 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Psychiatric Care (Kelemen Building South 5)
Monday - Friday: 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday: 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
• Two visitors per patient at a time.
• Day room visiting only.
• No one under 14 years old permitted on unit.
Maternity (Dorrance Building 3 and 5)
11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• 24-hour visiting privileges for support person.
Surgical Trauma Intensive Care Unit (Kelemen Building 3)
9 a.m. to 10 a.m., 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Trauma Step-Down Unit (Kelemen Building North 7)
Noon to 6 p.m, 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Trauma Patient Care (Kelemen Building North 7, Rooms 718-729)
9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Flu Season Visitation Restrictions
To protect our patients, staff, and visitors, Cooper follows the below visitation restriction policy during flu season:
- Restriction of all visitors with influenza-like symptoms, such as fever or cough.
- A limit of two visitors at a time for patients treated in semi-private rooms in the Kelemen Building.