Krysta M. Contino, MD
Cooper University Health Care Titles
Cooper Medical School of Rowan University Titles
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Internal Medicine - General)
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Gastroenterology)
- American Board of Obesity Medicine (Obesity Medicine)
Cooper University Physician
Cooper Digestive Health Institute at Mount Laurel
Cooper Internal Medicine and Specialty Care at Pennsville
Education & Training
|Medical School||Rutgers-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Camden, NJ|
|Internship||Internal Medicine - Cooper University Hospital, Camden, NJ|
|Residency||Internal Medicine - Cooper University Hospital, Camden, NJ|
|Fellowship||Gastroenterology and Hepatology - Cooper University Hospital, Camden, NJ|
Liver disease, obesity, ERCP, general gastroenterology, medical education
- American College of Physicians
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Association for the Society of Liver Disease
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Association for Bariatric Endoscopy
- The Obesity Society
- Obesity Medicine Association
Awards and Honors
- Gold Humanism Honor Society
- Fellow Recognition Award, 2019
- Resident Recognition Award, 2016
- Induction, 2012
- Outstanding Fellow Teaching Award, Department of Medicine- Internal Medicine Residency Program, 2017-2018
- Consultant of the Year, Cooper Emergency Department, 2017- 2018
- Cooper University Health Care- CMSRU Internal Medicine Residency PGY-3 Resident of the Year, 2015- 2016
- Cooper University Health Care- CMSRU Internal Medicine Residency PGY-1 Intern of the Year, 2013-2014
Winte M, Contino K, Trivedi A, Dharbhamulla N, Gaughan J, Deitch C, and Phadtare S. “Comparative outcomes in different aortic valce stenosis surgeries and implications of TAVR surgery for cirrhotic patients: A retrospective cohort study.” Annals of Medicine and Surgery. September 2020. Vol 57:244-248.
Contino K, Irons FR, Behling CK, Edmonston TB, and Wang YR. Racial difference in DNA mismatch repair deficiency associated with Lynch syndrome among colorectal cancer patients. J Gastroenterol Dig Dis. 2018;3(1):38-40.
Irons RF, Contino KM, Horte JJ, Levin B, Mattie KD, Wright M, Kwiatt ME, Behling KC, Edmonston TB, McClane SJ. Success of referral to genetic counseling after positive lynch syndrome screening test. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2017. 32 (9):1345-1348. doi: 10.1007/s00384-017-2849-x.
Ward C, Contino K, Patel A, Eno Mei E, Roy S, Hunter K, Gandhi S. “The Association of 25-Hydroxyvitamin D
Status in Patients with Osteoarthritis in the Primary Care Office.” North Am J Med Sci 2016: 9: 47-55.
Abel N, Contino K, Jain N, Grewal N, Grand E, Hagans I, Hunter K and Roy S. “Eighth Joint National Committee(JNC-8) Guidelines and the Outpatient Management of Hypertension in the African American Population.” North Am J Med Sci. 2015. 7(10): 438-445.
Roy S and Contino K. “Rapidly Progressing Rash in an Adult.” American Family Physician. September 2015. 525-526.
Contino K. “To Quarantine or Not to Quarantine: A Medical Perspective.” The Journal of Health Care Ethics and Administration. 1(2). Fall/Winter/2015.
Grants and Research
- Gut Microbiome and Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Improving Practical Skills Necessary for Clinical Practice: An Intern Orientation Program