Michael P. Bonk, MD
Cooper University Health Care Titles
- Critical Care Intensivist
Cooper Medical School of Rowan University Titles
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Critical Care Medicine)
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Internal Medicine - General)
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Pulmonary Disease)
Certificate in Translational Science
Cooper University Physician
Education & Training
|Medical School||Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA|
|Internship||Internal Medicine - Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA|
|Residency||Internal Medicine - Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA|
|Fellowship||Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine - Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA|
- American Thoracic Society
- Society of Critical Care
- American College of Chest Physicians
Awards and Honors
- Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA "Internal Medicine Honor Society" – 2011
- Society of Critical Care Medicine, San Diego, CA "Internal Medicine Section Travel Award" – 2019
- Society of Critical Care Medicine, San Diego, CA "Star Research Award" – 2019
Bonk MP, Meyer NJ. Cardiac troponin I: a new marker of sepsis-induced hypoperfusion? Ann Am Thorac Soc 2019;(accepted).
Bonk MP, Reilly JP. Clear as mud: Diagnostic uncertainty in ARDS. Ann Am Thorac Soc 2019;16(2):197-198.
Rey MM, Bonk MP, Hadjiliadis D. Cystic fibrosis: Emerging understanding and therapies. Annu Rev Med 2019;70:197-210.
Palakshappa JA, Reilly JP, Schweickert WD, Anderson BJ, Khoury V, Shashaty MG, Fitzgerald D, Forker C, Butler K, Ittner C, Feng R, Files DC, Bonk MP, Christie JD, Meyer NJ. Quantitative peripheral muscle ultrasound in sepsis: Muscle area superior to thickness. J Crit Care 2018;47:324-330.
Bonk M, Rey MM, Hadjiliadis D. New comorbidities in the changing face of cystic fibrosis care. J Cyst Fibros 2017;16(6):647-648.
Venkateshwar M, Libby EF, Peng N, Hadjiliadis D, Bonk M, Solomon GM, Rowe SM. Therapeutic benefit observed with the CFTR potentiator, ivacaftor, in a CF patient homozygous for the W1282X CFTR nonsense mutation. J Cyst Fibros 2017;16(1):24-29.