Puneet Sahota, MD, PhD
Cooper University Health Care Titles
- Medical Director of Consultation-Liaison and Emergency Psychiatry
Cooper Medical School of Rowan University Titles
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology (Psychiatry - General)
Cooper University Physician
Education & Training
|Medical School||Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO|
|Graduate School||PhD, Anthropology - Washington University, St. Louis, MO|
|Residency||Psychiatry - University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA|
- American Psychiatric Association
- Pennsylvania Psychiatric Association
Awards and Honors
- Excellence in Family Centered Care Award, Association of Family Psychiatrists
- American Psychiatric Association (APA) Resident Research Scholars Fellowship
- American Psychiatric Association (APA)/Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Minority Fellowship
- Clinical Research Scholars Program (CRSP) Resident, University of Pennsylvania
- Spencer T. and Ann W. Olin Award, Washington University in St. Louis
- Wynder Preventative Medicine Award, Washington University in St. Louis
Reviewer, Qualitative Health Research
Reviewer, Journal of Mixed Methods Research
Reviewer, Social Problems
Reviewer, Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine
Reviewer, Medical Anthropology Quarterly
Zhong R, Northrop J, Sahota P, Glick H, and Rostain AL: Informed About Informed Consent: A Qualitative Study of Ethics Education. Online Journal of Health Ethics (In Press) 2019.
Sahota, PKC and Sankar, PL: Bipolar Disorder, Genetic Risk, and Reproductive Decision-Making: A Qualitative Study of Social Media Discussion Boards. Qualitative Health Research Page: https://doi.org/10.1177/1049732319867670 2019.
Sahota, PKC: Culture and Emotional Well-Being in American Indian/Alaska Native Adolescents: A Review of Current Literature. Child Welfare (In Press) 2019.
Sahota PKC, Cakouros BE, Russell R, Hassler M, Blank MB, Barg FK: Causal Pathways Between Severe Mental Illness and Behaviors Related to HIV: Patient Perspectives. Community Mental Health Journal (Accepted) 2019.
Sahota PKC: Kinship Care for American Indian/Alaska Native Children: State of the Evidence. Child Welfare 97(2), 2019.
Naik RP, Smith-Whitley K, Hassell KL, Umeh NI, de Montalembert M, Sahota P, Haywood C Jr, Jenkins J, Lloyd-Puryear MA, Joiner CH, Bonham VL, Kato GJ.: Clinical Outcomes Associated with Sickle Cell Trait: A Systematic Review. Annals of Internal Medicine 169(9): 619, Nov 2018.