Sharon K Byrne, DrNP, RN, APN, FNP-C, AOCNP, CNE
Cooper University Health Care Titles
- Advanced Practice Nurse
- Advanced Oncology Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Certified Nurse Educator
Advanced Practice Provider
Education & Training
|Graduate School||Widener University; Chester, PA|
|Graduate School||Drexel University; Philadelphia, PA|
Addressing cancer education and screening and treatment disparities in minority women.
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Sigma Theta Tau International (Past-President, Delta Nu & Secretary Tri-State Consortium)
- National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties
- National League for Nursing
- Oncology Nursing Society
- Breast Cancer Special Interest Group, Oncology Nursing Society
- Cancer Prevention and Detection Virtual Community, Oncology Nursing Society (Champion)
- South Jersey Chapter, Oncology Nursing Society
- Explorers Sans Frontiers
Awards and Honors
- 2016 Nursing Diva and Don’s Award, New Jersey State Nurses Association, Institute for Nursing’s preeminent event, the 2016 Diva and Don Gala, honors those who have made extraordinary contributions to the nursing profession in New Jersey.
Peer reviewer: Oncology Nursing Forum
Peer reviewer: Nurse Educator
Byrne, S. (2017). What’s the Buzz: Tell Me What’s Happening in Breast Cancer Screening, Asia- Pacific Journal of Oncology Nursing, Apr-Jun.
Byrne, S., Dunphy, L. M. (2017), chapter author, Male genitourinary problems & Musculoskeletal problems..In Jill E. Winland-Brown & Lynne M. Dunphy (Eds). Family Practice and Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Certification Examination : Review Questions and Strategies ,5th Ed., Philadelphia: FA Davis.
Montgomery, K. & Byrne, S (2016). How doctoral level advanced practice roles differ from masters level advanced practice roles. In M. Dreher & M. Glasgow (Eds). (2nd ed). Role Development for Doctoral Advanced Practice. New York: Springer
Byrne, S., Collins, S., & Martelly, M. (2014). Sustainable Global Health Outreach in Haiti: Service-Learning for Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Students, JNP 10(8), e33-e40.
Byrne, S., Robles-Rodriguez, E.,& Patel. Y. (2013). Breast, cervical, and colorectal cancer related health disparities: Cancer Education and screening in underserved Asian Indio Women within Southern New Jersey, Cooper Bridges, 13.
Grants and Research
- New Jersey Nursing Initiative: Redesigning Nursing Education To Address the Challenges and Opportunities of Population Health, 33056, submitted May 2015 on behalf of TCNJ Department of Nursing. Hooven, K. (PI), Byrne, Perron, Altmiller, Clugston, Dzubaty, et al. Using Academic-Practice Partnerships to Enhance Population-based Health Care in BSN Education: Creating Curriculum to Create Change, funded for $198,627.00.
- SOSA Award 2014-16, “Addressing Cancer Education, Screening, and Treatment Health Disparities in Underserved Asian Indian (Hindu) Women within Central and Southern New Jersey: A Call for a Retrospective Review,” TCNJ