The Cooper Neurological Institute (CNI) has established the Brain Tumor Program as a multidisciplinary treatment and research center. Located adjacent to MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper, our program provides exceptional care, offering hope for patients with all stages of brain tumors, including brain cancer.
We offer a comprehensive approach, treating tumors of the brain and surrounding structures in new and innovative ways. This innovation includes the revolutionary Gamma Knife® Perfexion™ treatment – brain surgery without incisions.
Why Choose Cooper for Brain Tumor Care?
Patients and families in the South Jersey community and beyond choose Cooper for brain tumor care because of our:
- Expertise: Our neurosurgeons and neuro-oncologists have extensive experience in this highly specialized field, so you can be confident you’re receiving a high level of care. Our doctors are board-certified, meaning they received special training to diagnose and treat a wide range of rare and complex brain tumors.
- Team approach: Our doctors collaborate with experts from the Cooper Neurological Institute to ensure you receive the best possible care. Specialists discuss each case in detail at a weekly brain tumor conference involving all key members of your care team. Learn more about the Cooper Neurological Institute.
- Innovative treatment options: Cooper is one of only a few hospitals in the United States to offer the Gamma Knife® Perfexion™, the most advanced brain cancer treatment option available. The procedure is safe and painless and requires no incisions. Most patients return home the same day as their treatment and resume normal activities after just a few days.
- Clinical research efforts: Because of Cooper’s partnership with top cancer care hospital MD Anderson, our patients are candidates for promising, cutting-edge treatment options that may not be available anywhere else in the region. Ask your doctor whether any ongoing clinical research efforts might benefit you.
- Convenience: Our multidisciplinary brain tumor center gives you access to a team of care professionals in one convenient location. You can manage all appointments and treatments right here.
- Care coordinator: We will connect you with a care coordinator to assist you with all aspects of your care. Your coordinator will help you schedule appointments and guide you to the right resources so you feel supported at every point during treatment.
- Complementary therapies: In addition to our brain cancer treatment options, we offer complementary therapies that focus on your mind, body, and spirit. Patients and their loved ones can participate in classes designed to reduce stress, improve mood, and enhance overall health. Learn more about our cancer care support services.
Brain Tumors and Other Tumors We Treat
We offer comprehensive evaluation and treatment services for all tumors of the brain, skull, and scalp, including:
- Acoustic neuroma (vestibular schwannoma)
- Metastatic brain tumors
- Pituitary tumors and tumors of and around the optic nerves
- Skull base tumors
- Tumors of the craniocervical junction
- Intraventricular tumors
Brain Tumor Treatments
Our team is dedicated to providing the highest level of care for patients affected by brain tumors or related conditions. Treatment options available as part of our brain tumor program include:
- Stereotactic procedures, such as frameless biopsy and frame-based tumor aspiration and biopsy
- Image-guided procedures, such as brain tumor removal and microsurgical brain tumor removal
- Conventional radiotherapy
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- Gamma Knife® Perfexion™ radiosurgery
- CyberKnife® Robotic Radiosurgery, multi-session stereotactic, and robotic radiotherapy
- Neuro-oncologic services, including first-, second-, and third-line chemotherapy
- Access to the latest clinical trials at MD Anderson Cooper
To learn more about Cooper’s spine services, to schedule an appointment, or to refer a patient, please call 800.8.COOPER (800.826.6737).