The experts at MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper take a team approach to caring for patients with genitourinary cancers. The genitourinary system consists of the organs in your body related to urination, and includes the kidneys, bladder, ureters, urethra and adrenal glands. In men, the system also includes the reproductive organs—the penis, testicles, and prostate.
The experts at MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper’s Genitourinary Cancer Center offer the expertise you need combined with the compassionate and respect you deserve. Our team of specialists, offer advanced screening, detection, and treatment options including surgery, radiation treatment, chemotherapy, immunotherapy, and hormone therapy.
Our Prostate Cancer Program is nationally recognized by Healthgrades as one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Prostate Surgery and is the only hospital in South Jersey to receive this distinction.
Research shows that patients who receive treatment at centers that specializes in cancer and take a team approach to cancer care, like MD Anderson at Cooper, have better outcomes.
In addition to advanced diagnostic and treatment, we offer a full range of supportive care services including social work services, nutrition counseling, genetic testing and counseling, and other services to support you and your family through your journey.
Why Choose MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper for Genitourinary Cancer Care?
Through our partnership with MD Anderson Cancer Center, one of the nation’s leading cancer hospitals, we offer a full range of prevention and treatment options for all types of genitourinary cancer. You benefit from our:
- Expertise: Our physicians are experts in all types of genitourinary cancer treatment. We offer you the most promising therapies and minimally invasive surgical techniques to diagnose and treat your cancer.
- Advanced diagnostic services: Getting an accurate diagnosis is a critical part of deciding on a treatment plan. MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper uses advanced imaging and biopsy technologies, including PET-CT, and MRI, to accurately stage cancer and determine the best treatment for you.
- Dedicated nurse navigator: Our skilled nurse navigator guides each patient through their treatment options and assists in coordinating care. Our nurse navigator is available to answer all of your questions assist in scheduling your appointments and in gathering medical records.
- Team approach to treatment: MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper doctors from a variety of specialties work together to develop personalized treatment plans for each patient. Medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, urologists, and other professionals meet weekly to make sure you receive the most effective treatments for your specific needs.
- Clinical trials: Patients at MD Anderson at Cooper have the option to participate in groundbreaking clinical trials – offering access to new treatment options that may not be available elsewhere.
- Full range of support services: We know that a cancer diagnosis can impact many parts of your life. We offer a wealth of support services to help you through treatment and recovery, such as behavioral medicine, complementary medicine, and nutrition counseling. You also have access to social work services, support groups, education programs, and palliative care. Explore our cancer care support services.