The Head and Neck Cancer Center at MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper is dedicated to offering comprehensive and customized care for people with tumors of the head and neck. We use a collaborative approach that draws on our cancer experts’ skill, advanced technology, and research-backed science to provide you with the best possible treatment.
As South Jersey’s leading provider in the diagnosis and treatment of head and neck cancers, our care team combines a depth of expertise with compassion. We aggressively treat the disease while helping you overcome any speech, swallowing, and hearing challenges caused by your symptoms or treatment.
Why Choose MD Anderson at Cooper for Head and Neck Cancer Care?
Since 2013, we’ve partnered with MD Anderson Cancer Center, one of the nation’s top cancer hospital. Because of this relationship, you benefit from our:
- Advanced diagnostic capabilities: Our imaging specialists are skilled in the use of advanced diagnostic imaging such as CT, PET-CT, and other image-guided tests that allow us to detect many head and neck cancers, with precision. The more accurately we can diagnose a cancer, the better we can effectively treat it. Learn about common symptoms of head and neck cancer.
- Comprehensive treatments: At MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper, doctors with different specialties work together on every aspect of your care to give you the best possible treatment outcomes. Our cancer experts have expertise in innovative head and neck cancer treatments, including less invasive surgery techniques and targeted therapies that attack specific types of cancer.
- Clinical research efforts: MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper’s cancer research efforts offer patients access to promising new treatments, such as less invasive head and neck cancer treatments and new chemotherapy combinations that offer better patient outcomes and quality of life.
- Dedicated nurse navigator: Our dedicated nurse navigator will help you better understand your diagnosis and your treatment options. They can also address any questions or concerns you have about your care.
- Full range of support services: Symptoms of head and neck cancers (and certain treatments) may affect your swallowing, speech, and/or hearing. We offer a range of support services to help you through these difficulties. This includes a sophisticated swallowing function laboratory and dental implants to help you regain function after surgery. Learn more about our cancer care support services.
Head and Neck Cancers We Treat
We offer advanced diagnostic techniques and treatments for a wide range of cancers affecting the head and neck, including:
- Oral cancer (cancer of the mouth, lips, tongue, palate, cheek, and gums)
- Pharynx or throat cancer
- Larynx cancer
- Thyroid and parathyroid cancer
- Salivary gland cancer
- Skin cancer of the head and neck, including melanoma
- Cancer of the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses
- Cancer in the skull base
- Ear and temporal bone cancer
- Neck cancer
To learn more about the head and neck cancer services available at MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper or to schedule an appointment, please call 855.MDA.COOPER (855.632.2667).
Refer a Patient
If you are a doctor who wants to refer a head or neck cancer patient to MD Anderson Cancer Center at at Cooper, please call 855.MDA.COOPER (855.632.2667).