The Cooper Neurological Institute neuromuscular specialists evaluate and treat disorders of the peripheral nervous system, neuromuscular junction, and muscle.
Common Neuromuscular Disorders We Treat
Neuromuscular diseases are characterized by muscle weakness or sensory disturbance in one form or another. The causes can include inherited (genetic) to acquired (often immune-related) problems, but many of these disorders are still poorly understood.
Common neuromuscular disorders treated at Cooper include:
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and other motor neuron diseases
- Diabetic polyneuropathy
- Hereditary neuropathy
- Inflammatory and degenerative myopathies
- Inflammatory neuropathies
- Metabolic myopathy, including mitochondrial disorders
- Myasthenia gravis (MG) and other disorders of the neuromuscular junction
- Muscular dystrophy (MD)
- Toxic neuropathy
Why Choose Cooper for Neuromuscular Care?
If you or a loved one has a neuromuscular disorder, you can trust the team at Cooper to offer the most advanced treatment options possible. Our team offers state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic modalities, such as needle muscle biopsy and plasmapheresis, to complement our comprehensive medical and psychosocial management.
Multidisciplinary Approach to Care
Our experts take a team approach to care. We work with you and your primary care physician to create an individualized treatment plan based on your needs. Our team comprises the following members:
- Pediatric neurologists
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation specialists
- Genetics counselors
- Orthopaedic surgeons
- Social workers
- Physical and speech therapists
- Occupational therapists