Diarrhea and other digestive symptoms commonly affect children of all ages. Sometimes, these symptoms may signal an underlying gastrointestinal issue.
At Children’s Regional Hospital at Cooper, our skilled pediatric specialists observe, diagnose, and treat a range of gastrointestinal illnesses – both acute and chronic. We use the latest diagnostic tools and interventional therapies to effectively manage gastrointestinal concerns, allowing children to return to happy, active lives.
Why Choose Cooper for Pediatric Gastroenterology Care?
Parents and caregivers in the South Jersey community and beyond choose Cooper for pediatric gastroenterology and nutrition services because of our:
- Expertise: Many of our specialists are board-certified and fellowship-trained. This extra training in pediatric digestive and nutrition issues helps our doctors diagnose and treat many different gastrointestinal disorders in children of all ages.
- Team approach: With our multidisciplinary approach, you have a team of specialists working together to develop the best care plan for your child. Gastroenterologists, dietitians, nurses, and social workers pool their expertise to create a personalized plan to treat any gastrointestinal condition.
- Advanced diagnostic and treatment tools: We use the latest technology, such as video capsule endoscopy, to diagnose and manage gastrointestinal diseases. With this technology, the child swallows a capsule (or our specialists insert the capsule via a flexible tube through the child’s mouth in a noninvasive procedure). This capsule records detailed information that helps us more effectively diagnose and manage digestive health issues.
- Multiple locations: We provide expert inpatient care at the Children’s Regional Hospital in Camden, and outpatient care in a child- and family-centered offices through South Jersey.. Should your child need a specialized procedure, our Camden and Voorhees locations are staffed with pediatric gastroenterologists and pediatric anesthesiologists to ensure your child receives an expert level of care. Learn more about our pediatric surgery department.
- Care coordination: At Cooper, our staff plays an active role in coordinating care between a child’s family or caregiver, referring physician, and school. We keep lines of communication open and encourage families to reach out with any questions or concerns.
Gastrointestinal Disorders We Treat
We offer comprehensive evaluation and treatment services for a full range of gastrointestinal disorders in children, including:
- Crohn’s disease
- Chronic diarrhea
- Encopresis (soiling)
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Failure to thrive
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Peptic ulcer disease
To learn more about Cooper’s pediatric surgery services, to schedule an appointment, or to refer a patient, please call 800.8.COOPER (800.826.6737).