At Cooper University Health Care, our physiatrists (doctors who specialize in physical medicine and rehabilitation) focus on improving your mobility, independence, and quality of life.
Cooper is proud to be one of southern New Jersey’s leading centers for physical medicine and rehabilitation. Our expert staff, advanced diagnostic tools, and innovative treatment options ensure a high level of care for patients of all ages. These services are available at four convenient locations throughout South Jersey.
Why Choose Cooper for Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation?
Patients choose Cooper for physical medicine and rehabilitation services because of our:
- Expertise: Cooper’s board-certified physiatrists, supported by an outstanding staff, provide exceptional physical medicine and rehabilitation services. Our doctors are specially trained in ways to improve your quality of life by using nonsurgical methods to restore and maximize how your body functions.
- Team approach: At Cooper, specialists in all areas of rehabilitation collaborate to develop a care plan that’s personalized to you. In addition to our physiatrists, your care team may involve physical therapists, occupational therapists, and rehabilitation aides. These experts work together to help you live a fuller, more active life.
- Advanced diagnostic tools: Our physiatrists have the experience and expertise necessary to diagnose a range of conditions that cause pain, weakness, and numbness. In addition to industry-standard diagnostic tools, we also use electrodiagnostic techniques such as electromyography and nerve conduction studies.
- Wide range of treatment options: With a goal-directed treatment approach, we use a wide variety of therapies and equipment to help patients of all ages improve their function and quality of life.
- Responsive care: At Cooper, we consider patients to be an active member of their care team. We encourage you to reach out with any questions you may have about your care.
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Conditions We Treat
Our physical medicine and rehabilitation program cares for a wide variety of acute and chronic medical problems, musculoskeletal disorders, and severe disabilities. Among the many conditions we treat include:
- Injuries involving the spinal cord and brain (including injuries from sports, work, and repetitive stress)
- Movement or function deficits, including those related to:
- Birth defects
- Gait and balance dysfunction
- Joint replacement
- Multiple sclerosis
- Muscular dystrophy
- Pain in the back, neck, and other areas of the body (including arthritis, tendonitis, myofascial, and chronic nonmalignant pain)
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Treatments
After carefully determining your condition and specific needs, Cooper physiatrists develop a comprehensive, goal-directed treatment plan that’s personalized to you. Treatment options include:
- Assistive devices, such as braces and artificial limbs
- Botox® injections for spasticity
- Heat and cold therapy
- Injection techniques
- Manual medicine
- Physical therapy
- Prescription medication
- Therapeutic exercise
To learn more about Cooper’s spine services, to schedule an appointment, or to refer a patient, please call 800.8.COOPER (800.826.6737).