Taking Women’s Cardiac Care to Heart
Heart disease is the number No.1 killer of both men and women. However, there are important differences in how heart disease presents in women — and how it is diagnosed and treated.
At Cardiac Partners, our world-class cardiologists are dedicated to the unique needs of women. With one of the largest groups of female cardiologists in the Delaware Valley, the physicians of the Cardiac Partners Women’s Heart Program are extraordinarily attuned to your physical and emotional needs – developing individualized, patient-family centered plans to help you achieve the best cardiac health.
Access to the Latest Options, Diagnosis and Treatment
Women have unique differences that may require special testing and treatments to provide the most effective cardiovascular care.
At Cardiac Partners, we offer you a variety of programs and services that include:
- Comprehensive Cardiovascular Risk Assessment: Including in-depth history, risk evaluation survey and physical examination.
- Advanced Diagnostic Testing: Including complex cholesterol/lipid disorder screening testing, echocardiography and nuclear imaging, and screening for diabetes and peripheral vascular disease.
- State-of-the-Art Treatment:
- Advanced cholesterol management program
- Non-surgical heart and vascular treatments including angioplasty and stent placement
- Cardiac arrhythmia management including medications, ablation, therapy and device implantation
- Advanced heart-failure program for cardiac surgery
A Multi-disciplinary, Heart-Healthy Approach to Prevention and Education
Achieving and maintaining a healthy heart requires a multi-disciplinary team approach to identifying and managing cardiac risk factors that follows the guidelines of the American Heart Institute and the American College of Cardiology.
At Cardiac Partners Women’s Heart Program, you'll have access to a multi-disciplinary network of team members including:
- Physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and nurses
- Exercise specialists
- Nutritionists and dietitians
- Psychologists to help with stress management and smoking cessation
Access to Leading-Edge Clinical Research
As part of an academic medical center, our Women’s Heart Program faculty participates in many clinical trials and has access to the latest clinical trials information in areas ranging from cholesterol disorders to arrhythmia management to heart failure.
Specialized Programs Available for Complex Cardiovascular Needs
- Cardiac and vascular management of the female diabetic patient
- Cardiac assessment and monitoring of the female patient undergoing chemotherapy
- Cardiac assessment of monitoring of the high-risk pregnancy patient
- Risk stratification and risk factor modification of the post-menopausal, metabolic syndrome patients
- Cardiac assessment and monitoring in obesity management, as well as the female patient undergoing bariatric surgery
A Women’s Heart Care Program That Goes Beyond the Doctor’s Office
- Designated Cardiac Partners cardiologists with a special interest in unique needs of women and heart disease.
- Cardiac Partners Women’s Heart Health Assessment: Comprehensive evaluation of heart disease risk reviewed with cardiologists with a special interest in unique needs of women. Individualized treatment plan developed for each patient’s unique heart-care needs.
- Access to a network of services by specialists that include psychologists for stress management and/or smoking cessation, exercise specialists, and dietitian/nutritionists, through the multi-disciplinary team approach to heart wellness.
Cardiac Partners is one of the most comprehensive cardiovascular programs in the Delaware Valley region. At Cooper, you'll have access to a world-renowned team of cardiovascular experts, the most advanced technology and the best care options. We offer the full spectrum of heart care from prevention and diagnosis to the most innovative medical, non-surgical techniques and surgical treatments. In addition, the Cardiac Partners participation in cutting-edge clinical research provides access to the latest in advanced treatment.