Summer is just around the corner. Get ready to show off your healthy legs.
If you are one of the 40 million people in the U.S with troublesome varicose veins, the vascular and endovascular team at Cooper University Health Care can help. Varicose veins are more than just a cosmetic problem. They can affect your quality of life and can lead to serious issues.
As the region’s leading academic health system, our Vascular and Endovascular experts at the Cooper Vein Center can treat your varicose veins using the most advanced and minimally invasive techniques:
- ClariVein is a new option that is often simpler, faster and, according to research, up to 74 percent less painful than other minimally invasive peripheral vascular treatments.
- Radiofrequency ablation (RFA) delivers heat—powered by radiofrequency energy—to the vein wall via a tiny catheter. The heat shrinks and seals the vein. You can typically resume your regular activities within one day.
- Endovenous laser therapy (ELVT) is used most frequently and is a minimally invasive procedure in which the physician uses ultrasound-guided laser energy to collapse and seal off the damaged vein. No surgical incisions are made and the procedure is performed under local anesthesia.
- Phlebectomy is a minimally invasive procedure to remove individual varicose vein clusters from the leg through a series of small incisions; the incisions are so small that no stitches are required.
- Sclerotherapy is a nonsurgical procedure that involves injecting a special solution directly into the vein, usually the smallest affected veins. The treated vein will fade over time, and any pain associated with the problem vein is reduced significantly after a few weeks.
- Compression stockings are elastic hosiery that support the veins and prevent blood from flowing backward. Doctors often recommend compression stockings as a first line of treatment if you have mild varicose veins.
Treatment plans are individualized to your situation, lifestyle, and preference.
The Cooper Difference
Here’s why more people have come to trust Cooper to treat their varicose veins:
- Cooper’s highly qualified vascular surgeons are among the top in their field and treat the most complex and challenging conditions.
- Our hybrid operating room uses the most advanced technology to allow our surgeons to perform the latest minimally invasive surgical procedures.
- Cooper’s high volume of vascular procedures each year makes our surgeons among the most experienced in the region with a commitment to an excellent patient experience and positive outcomes.
- Our patients have access to the latest clinical trials, many of which use new technologies for treating simple to the most complex vascular disease.