Ankita Kulkarni, MD
Cooper University Health Care Titles
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialist
Cooper Medical School of Rowan University Titles
- Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology (General)
Cooper University Physician
Cooper Maternal Fetal Medicine at Camden
Cooper Women's Health at Sewell
Education & Training
|Medical School||University of the West Indies, Kingston, Jamaica|
|Internship||Obstetrics and Gynecology - Princess Margaret Hospital, Nassau, The Bahamas|
|Internship||Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Women’s Health - Atlantic Health System, Morristown, NJ|
|Residency||Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Women’s Health - Atlantic Health System, Morristown, NJ|
- Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Fellow
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Junior Fellow
Awards and Honors
- Excellence in Resident Research Award, Atlantic Health System - 2018
- Society of Maternal- Fetal Medicine Excellence in Research Award - 2017
- Best Poster, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology Annual Research Day, Princess Margaret Hospital: "Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome in Pregnancy" - 2013
Reviewer, Obstetrics & Gynecology Green Journal
Kulkarni A, Powel J, Aziz M, Shah L, Lashley S, Benito C, Oyelese Y. Vasa Previa: Prenatal Diagnosis and Outcomes: Thirty-five Cases From a Single Maternal-Fetal Medicine Practice. J Ultrasound Med. 2018 Apr;37(4):1017-1024. doi: 10.1002/jum.14452. Epub 2017 Oct 19. PMID: 29048133.
Kulkarni A, Anastasio H, Ward A, Santos J, Parker P, Hirshberg A, Marhefka GD, Berghella V. Coronary artery vasospasm induced acute myocardial infarction in pregnancy: a new case and systematic review of the literature. Case Reports in Perinatal Medicine. 2018 Mar.
Aziz MM, Kulkarni A, Shah L, Lashley S, Oyelese Y. Physiologic proteinuria in labor and postpartum: The results of the postpartum proteinuria trial (PoPPy). Pregnancy Hypertens. 2018 Jul;13:22-24. doi: 10.1016/j.preghy.2018.04.019. Epub 2018 Apr 30. PMID: 30177056.
Aziz MM, Kulkarni A, Tunde-Agbede O, Benito CW, Oyelese Y. Are Women With Threatened Preterm Labor More Dehydrated Than Women Without It? J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs. 2018 Sep;47(5):602-607. doi: 10.1016/j.jogn.2018.05.006. Epub 2018 Jul 10. PMID: 30006263.