Carman A. Ciervo, DO, FACOFP
Cooper University Health Care Titles
- Primary Care Physician
- Family Medicine Physician
- Chief Physician Executive, Cooper Care Alliance
- Family Medicine
Cooper Care Alliance
With more than 25 years of experience as a board-certified family medicine physician, my practice includes patients of all ages with a special interest in the geriatric population. I enjoy providing a collaborative approach to care, paying close attention to the effect that family relationships and support have on an individual’s health. In addition to managing often complex health needs of my patients, I play an active role in preventive care, including recommending important screenings and lifestyle changes to deliver optimal patient outcomes.
Education & Training
|Medical School||Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, PA|
|Internship||Family Medicine - Osteopathic Medical Center of Philadelphia/St. Agnes Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA|
|Residency||Family Medicine - UMDNJ-SOM/Kennedy Memorial Hospitals, Stratford, NJ|
- American Osteopathic Association
- American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians
- American Medical Association
- N.J. Association of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons
- Camden County Medical Society
- Pennsylvania Osteopathic Medical Association
Awards and Honors
- Finalist in the Physician of the Year category in the 2015 Healthcare Heroes awards program, NJBIZ, June 10, 2015
- Hall of Fame Induction, Emerald – Academics, Camden Catholic High School, April 25, 2015
- 2014 Physician Leadership Institute Physician Mentor Award, The American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians
- Who’s Who in Health Care, South Jersey Biz, July 2014 Issue
- American Osteopathic Association recognition as Guardian of the Profession, April 2014
- 2012-2013 Physician Leadership Institute Mentor of the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians
- South Jersey Magazine Top Doc in Family Medicine, 2013
2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- South Jersey Reader’s Choice Award in Family Medicine, 2013
- American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians Distinguished Fellow, March 17, 2012
- South Jersey Magazine Top Doc in Family Medicine, 2011
- South Jersey Reader’s Choice Award in Family Medicine, 2011
- South Jersey Magazine’s Top Doc in Family Medicine, 2009
- South Jersey Magazine’s Your docs Pick SJ’s Top Docs for Kids
- South Jersey Magazine South Jersey Physicians Top Doc, 2008
- South Jersey Magazine Top Physicians 2008 Reader’s Choice, 2008
- South Jersey Magazine’s Reader’s Choice: Top Physicians 2008 for
Family Medicine, 2008
- South Jersey Magazine Top Doc for Kids, 2008
- National ACOFP Excellence in State Society Leadership Award, State Society President, 2008
- AOA Mentor Hall of Fame Inductee, 2006
- South Jersey Magazine Top Docs, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007
- Special Service Award, N.J. Association of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons, April 2002
- Distinguished Service Award, N.J. Association of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons 2001, 2002
- Practicing Physician Medical Writing Award, American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians
- Special Commendation Award, N.J. Association of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons, 1998
- Distinguished Service Recognition Award, N.J. Association of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeon, 1998
Ciervo C., Shubrook J., Grundy P., Diabetes Management Within Evolving Health Care Delivery Models: The Osteopathic Perspective Supplement Article to The Journal of the American Osteopathic Association, Volume 115, No. 4, Supplement 1, April 2015.
Doublestein BA, Ciervo CA “A Call to Develop Skilled Physician Leaders” ACOFP Osteopathic Family Physician, January 2013
Ciervo CA, Granger CB, Schaller FA “Stroke Prevention in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation: Disease Burden and Unmet Medical Needs” Supplement to the Journal of American Osteopathic Association, Supplement 2, Vol. 112, No. 9, September 2012.
Ciervo CA, Granger CB, Schaller FA, Engelke KA “A New Era of Anticoagulation Treatment: Optimizing Outcomes for Atrial Fibrillation” Supplement to the Journal of American Osteopathic Association, Supplement 2, Vol. 112, No. 9, September 2012.
Ciervo CA, Zipp, C. “Nitric Oxide in Health and Disease – Its Role in the Practice of Medicine” Osteopathic Family Physician, Vol. 3, Number 2, March/April 2011.
Switala CA, Coren JS, Filipetto FA, Gaughan, JP, Ciervo CA,” Bioterrorism—A Health Emergency: Do physicians believe there is a threat and are they prepared for it? American Journal of Disaster Medicine, Vol. 6, No. 3, May/June 2011.
Krueger P., Dalton L., Bachman G., Ciervo C., Tartaglia M., Understanding and Regaining Female Sexual Function Woman and Wellness, Volume 6, No. 1, December 2010.