Danica N. Giugliano, MD, FACS
Cooper University Health Care Titles
- Colorectal Surgeon
Cooper Medical School of Rowan University Titles
- Assistant Professor of Surgery
- American Board of Surgery (Surgery - General)
- American Board of Colorectal Surgery (Colorectal Surgery)
Cooper University Physician
MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper - Camden
Cooper Surgical Care at Voorhees
Education & Training
|Medical School||Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA|
|Internship||General Surgery - Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA|
|Residency||General Surgery - Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA|
|Fellowship||Colorectal Surgery - Cleveland Clinic Hospital, Cleveland, OH|
Colorectal surgery, colorectal cancer surgery, diverticulitis, surgical management of inflammatory bowel disease, benign anorectal disease
- American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- Metropolitan Philadelphia Chapter of the American College of Surgeons
- Philadelphia Academy of Surgery
Awards and Honors
- Gibbon Surgical Society Resident Teaching Award, Sidney Kimmel Medical College, 2014 and 2015
- SSO Top Poster Finalist, “Development of a Prognostic Gene Expression Profile Signature in Patients with Localized Esophageal Cancer Receiving Preoperative Chemoradiation Therapy,” 2016
- Gibbon Surgical Society Resident Teaching Award, Sidney Kimmel Medical College, 2017
- The Philadelphia Chapter of the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation
- Gold Medallion Award 2021 for dedication and service
Giugliano DN, Fortuna D, Goldstein S, Phillips B, Isenberg G. Two Separate Colorectal Granular Cell Tumors. Am Surg. 2016 Aug;82(8):202-3.
Giugliano DN, Berger AC, Rosato EL, Palazzo F. Total minimally invasive esophagectomy for esophageal cancer: approaches and outcomes. Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2016 Sep;401(6):747-56.
Giugliano DN, Berger AC, Meidl H, Pucci MJ, Rosato EL, Keith SW, Evans NR, Palazzo F. Do intraoperative pyloric interventions predict the need for postoperative endoscopic interventions after minimally invasive esophagectomy? Dis Esophagus. 2017 Apr 1;30(4):1-8.
Giugliano DN, Morgan A, Palazzo F, Leiby BE, Evans NR, Rosato EL, Berger AC. Surgical Apgar score (SAS) predicts perioperative morbidity, mortality, and length of stay in patients undergoing esophagectomy at a high-volume center. J Surg Oncol. 2017 May 2.
Giugliano DN, Berger AC, Pucci MJ, Rosato EL, Evans NR, Meidl H, Lamb C, Levine D, Palazzo F. Lymph Node Retrieval is Decreased after Neoadjuvant Chemoradiation Therapy for Esophageal Cancer. J Gastrointest Surg. 2017 Sep; 21(9): 1377-1384.
Brown, AM, Giugliano DN, Berger AC, Pucci MJ, Palazzo F. Surgical approaches to adenocarcinoma of the gastroesophageal junction: the Siewart II conundrum. Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2017 Dec; 402(8): 1153-1158.