Justin Schweitzer, DO
Cooper University Health Care Titles
- Family Medicine Physician
- Primary Care Physician
- Medical Director for LGBTQ+ Health and Primary Care
- Family Medicine
Cooper Care Alliance
Dr. Schweitzer is a family physician who provides comprehensive care for acute and chronic medical needs and works to create an open, judgment-free atmosphere for patients to share their concerns. His top priority is promoting a healthy lifestyle among his patients and their families to prevent or minimize illness and other medical conditions. He has worked collaboratively to increase access of care to LGBTQ+ identifying patients in southern New Jersey.
Services currently offered are PrEP for HIV prevention, STD testing, sexual health counseling, and gender-affirming hormone therapy (GAHT).
In his free time, Dr. Schweitzer enjoys spending time with his husband and retired greyhound as well as traveling, cooking foods from the local Farmer's Market, and practicing yoga.
Education & Training
|Medical School||University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Stratford, NJ|
|Internship||Family Medicine - Kennedy Health System and Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center, NJ|
|Residency||Family Medicine - Kennedy Health System and Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center, NJ|
Preventative care, health equity
- American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians
- American Osteopathic Association
- New Jersey Association of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons
- GLMA: Health Professionals Advancing LGBTQ Equality
Awards and Honors
- Outstanding Achievement in the Specialty of Primary Care, 2008
- American Osteopathic Foundation Student Traveler Grant, 2007
- New Jersey Osteopathic Education Foundation Scholarship, 2004
Kang J, Schweitzer JS, Hoffman JR. Effect of order of exercise intensity upon cardiorespiratory, metabolic, and perceptual responses during exercise of mixed intensity. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2003 Nov;90(5-6):569-74. doi: 10.1007/s00421-003-0908-1. Epub 2003 Aug 5. PMID: 12905049.
Schweitzer J, Hannan A, Coren J. The role of social networking web sites in influencing residency decisions. J Am Osteopath Assoc. 2012 Oct;112(10):673-9. PMID: 23055466.