Lino Frank Miele, MD, MS, FACS
Cooper University Health Care Titles
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon
Cooper Medical School of Rowan University Titles
- Assistant Professor of Surgery
- American Board of Surgery (Surgery)
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
Cooper University Physician
MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper - Camden
MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper - Voorhees
Cooper Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Mount Laurel
Education & Training
|Medical School||Sidney Kimmel Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA|
|Graduate School||MS - Drexel University College of Medicine Philadelphia, PA|
|Internship||General Surgery - The Lankenau Medical Center, Wynnewood, PA|
|Residency||General Surgery - The Lankenau Medical Center, Wynnewood, PA|
|Residency||Plastic Surgery - University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA|
|Fellowship||Plastic Surgery - University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA|
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
Awards and Honors
- Physician Honoree in Graduate Medical Education Award, St. Luke's University Hospital, General Surgery Residency Program - 2018
- Robert D. Smink, Jr., M.D. Teaching Award, awarded annually for overall best resident teaching - 2012
- Anna Elizabeth Fleer Surgical Fellowship, awarded annually for overall best resident research - 2009, 2010
- Philip and Bella Medoff Memorial Prize for Excellence in Internal Medicine, Jefferson Medical College - 2005
- Outstanding Service and Leadership Award, Hobart Amory Hare Honor Medical Society - 2003, 2004
- American Institute of Chemists Foundation Award - 1999
Hon HH, Mubang RN, Wernick BD, Freedman SF, Stoltzfus JC, Miele LF, Stawicki SP, Morrissey WM Jr. Acellular Dermal Matrix Versus Inferior Deepithelialized Flap Breast Reconstruction: Equivalent Outcomes, with Increased Cost. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open. 2017 Jun 28;5(6):e1382. doi: 10.1097/GOX.0000000000001382. PMID: 28740788; PMCID: PMC5505849.
Miele LF, Dedhia K, Chi D, Mehta D, Kumar AR. Abstract 121: Evaluation of Otology Outcomes After Surgical Treatment of Symptomatic Pierre Robin Sequence: A Cohort Comparison Study Between Furlow Palatoplasty vs. Radical Intravelar Veloplasty. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2014 Mar;133(3 Suppl):136-137. doi: 10.1097/01.prs.0000444947.31475.b9. PMID: 25942232.
Gibney BC, Chamoto K, Lee GS, Simpson DC, Miele LF, Tsuda A, Konerding MA, Wagers A, Mentzer SJ. Cross-circulation and cell distribution kinetics in parabiotic mice. J Cell Physiol. 2012 Feb;227(2):821-8. doi: 10.1002/jcp.22796. PMID: 21503883; PMCID: PMC3160515.
Erba P, Miele LF, Adini A, Ackermann M, Lamarche JM, Orgill BD, D'Amato RJ, Konerding MA, Mentzer SJ, Orgill DP. A morphometric study of mechanotransductively induced dermal neovascularization. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2011 Oct;128(4):288e-299e. doi: 10.1097/PRS.0b013e3182268b19. PMID: 21921741; PMCID: PMC3350091.
Gibney BC, Lee GS, Houdek JP, Lin M, Miele LF, Chamoto K, Konerding MA, Tsuda A, Mentzer SJ. Dynamic determination of oxygenation and lung compliance in murine pneumonectomy. Exp Lung Res. 2011 Jun;37(5):301-9. doi: 10.3109/01902148.2011.561399. Epub 2011 May 16. PMID: 21574875; PMCID: PMC3324589.
Erba P, Ogawa R, Ackermann M, Adini A, Miele LF, Dastouri P, Helm D, Mentzer SJ, D'Amato RJ, Murphy GF, Konerding MA, Orgill DP. Angiogenesis in wounds treated by microdeformational wound therapy. Ann Surg. 2011 Feb;253(2):402-9. doi: 10.1097/SLA.0b013e31820563a8. PMID: 21217515; PMCID: PMC3403722.