Lori B Feldman-Winter, MD, MPH
Cooper Medical School of Rowan University Titles
- Professor of Pediatrics
- Adolescent Medicine
Cooper University Physician
Lori Feldman-Winter, MD, MPH, is Professor of Pediatrics at Cooper Medical School of Rowan University in Camden, NJ. Dr. Feldman-Winter is recognized nationally and internationally for her work related to breastfeeding education programs and nutrition policy. She is the chair of the Policy Committee for the AAP Section on Breastfeeding, member of the AAP Task Force on SIDS, AAP representative to the United States Breastfeeding Committee (USBC), and National Faculty Chair for the National Initiatives for Childrens Healthcare Quality (NICHQ) Best Fed Beginnings Project. Most recently, she is consultant to the Kellogg funded CHAMPS Project Communities and Hospitals Advancing Maternity Practices, and the NJHA Mother-Baby Hospital Initiative.
Education & Training
|Medical School||Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY|
|Internship||Pediatrics - The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA|
|Residency||Pediatrics - The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA|
General adolescent medicine, nutrition and growth, breastfeeding medicine, health systems and public health, adolescent rights and consent
- Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- Chairperson, AAP Policy Committee, Section on Breastfeeding
- Member, AAP Section on Breastfeeding
- Member, AAP Section on Obesity
- Member, AAP Section of Adolescent Health
- Member, Academic Pediatric Association
- Member, International Society for Research in Human Milk and Lactation
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, Medical Society of New Jersey
- Member, Camden County Medical Society
- Member, New Jersey Breastfeeding Coalition
- Fellow, Member, Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine
- Member, International Lactation Consultants Association
- Member, Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine
- Professional Liaison, La Leche League International
Awards and Honors
- US News and World Report (Castle Connolly) Top Doctors 2012, 2013, 2014
- Philadelphia Magazine Top Doctors 2013, 2014
- New Jersey Magazine Top doctor 2012, 2013, 2014
- South Jersey Magazines Top Doctors 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016
- SJ Magazines Top Doctors (and Top Doctor for Kids, Top Docs for Women) 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
- America's Top Pediatricians (Consumers Research Council of America) 2002-2003, 2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2010-2012, 2013, 2014
- Best Doctors in America - 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003-2004, 2005-2006, 2007-2008, 2009-2010, 2011-2012, 2013, 2014
- NJs Favorite Kids Docs December 2013, New Jersey Family Magazine
- Inducted into North Plainfield High School Hall of Fame: Contributions to Science and Medicine October 2007
Medical Editor - Consultant Pediatrics, Journal of Human Lactation
Member, Editorial Board, Breastfeeding Medicine
Expert Reviewer: Pediatrics, Breastfeeding Medicine, Journal of Perinatology, Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Patient Care, Journal of Human Lactation
Member, Technical Advisory Panel, Tufts New England Medical Center Evidence-based Practice Center - Agency of Health Research and Quality
Burnham L, Buczek M, Braun N, Feldman-Winter L, Chen N, Merewood A. Determining length of breastfeeding exclusivity: validity of maternal report 2 years after birth. J Hum Lact. 2014 May;30(2):190-4
Feldman-Winter L. Douglass-Bright A, Bartick M, Metranga J. Commentary on the new mandate from The Joint Commission on the Perinatal Care Core Measure of Exclusive Breast Milk Feeding: Implications for practice and implementation in the U.S. J Hum Lact. 2013 Online First. Apr 18.
Feldman-Winter L. Evidenced-based interventions to support breastfeeding. Pediatric Clinics of North America. 2013 Feb;60(1):169-87.
Feeley M, Feldman-Winter L, Brown RT. Informed Consent and Confidentiality for New Jersey Minors. MDAdvisor.2012. Fall;5(4):29-32
Coit J, Grossman X, Buczek M, Feldman-Winter L, Merewood A. Introducing solid foods: Accuracy of report among US mothers who do not adhere to recommended guidelines. J Hum Lact. 2012 Nov;28(4):490-494.
Feldman-Winter L, Proccichini D. Merewood A. A Model Infant Feeding Policy for Baby-Friendly Designation in the USA. . J Hum Lact. 2012 Aug;28(3):304-311.
Feldman-Winter L. The AAP updates its policy on breastfeeding and reaches consensus on recommended duration of exclusive breastfeeding. J Hum Lact. 2012 May;28(2):116-7.
Grossman X, Chaudhuri J, Feldman-Winter L, Merewood A. Neonatal Weight Loss at a US Baby-Friendly Hospital. Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. March 2012;112(3): 410-413.
Schanler RJ, Eidelman AI, Feldman-Winter L, et al., the American Academy of Pediatrics; Section on Breastfeeding. Breastfeeding and the Use of Human Milk. Pediatrics. March 2012;129(3):598
Feldman-Winter L, Grossman X, Palaniappan A, et al. Removal of industry-sponsored formula sample packs from the hospital: Does it make a difference? J Hum Lact. 2012 Aug;28(3):380-388. Epub 2012 May 25.
Grants and Research
- Consultant, Communities and Hospitals Advancing Maternity Practices (CHAMPS), supported by the W.K. Kellogg Foundation, to Breastfeeding Center at Boston Medical Center, in collaboration with Reaching Our Sisters Everywhere (ROSE), Project Period August 1. 2014-July 31, 2017
- Consultant, NJ Hospital Association to develop a Technical Assistance Guide for the NJ Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative, Funded at $5K for deliverable.
- Consultant, National Faculty Chair, NICHQ Best-Fed Beginnings Project, $6,000,000 awarded to NICHQ by the CDC to support 90 US hospitals to become designated as Baby-Friendly Hospitals over three years. Project Period January 1, 2012-December 31, 2015