Rohit A Patel, MD, FACS
Cooper University Health Care Titles
- Director, Center for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- Head, Division of Bariatric Surgery
Cooper Medical School of Rowan University Titles
- Associate Professor of Clinical Surgery
Cooper University Physician
Education & Training
|Medical School||Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai, India|
|Internship||General Surgery - Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA|
|Residency||General Surgery - Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA|
|Fellowship||Bariatric Surgery - University Medical Center at Princeton, Princeton, NJ|
Minimally invasive weight loss surgery, laparoscopic adjustable gastric band (LAGB), roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGB), vertical sleeve gastrectomy (VSG)
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- The Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
Awards and Honors
- Fellow, American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- SJ Magazine "Top Docs" - 2014, 2015, 2016
- South Jersey Magazine
"Best Doctors 2015"
"Best Doctors 2016"
- New Jersey Monthly Magazine "Top Docs" - 2016
Dr. Patel has published a number of studies related to the surgical management of obesity and related issues.