Satyajeet Roy, MD, FACP
Cooper University Health Care Titles
- Internal Medicine Physician
- Primary Care Physician
- AllCare Health Alliance Board Member
Cooper Medical School of Rowan University Titles
- Professor of Medicine
- Director, Internal Medicine Residency Research Program
- Internal Medicine-Primary Care Co-Course Director
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Internal Medicine - General)
Bengali, Hindi, Nepali, Punjabi, Urdu
Cooper University Physician
Dr. Roy is a Professor of Medicine at Cooper Medical School of Rowan University. In addition to being the Outpatient Primary Care Teaching Faculty of the Internal Medicine Residency Program and the Director of the Residency Research Program, he is also the Medical School Internal Medicine – Primary Care Co-Course Director. He did his Internal Medicine residency at Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center – Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York.
Dr. Roy has always had a strong interest in academia since his Postgraduate Doctorate of Medicine degree in India in 1993. He enjoys teaching medical students and residents. He has been awarded the Vijay Rajput MD Award for Excellence in Teaching Award, Research Mentor of the Year Award, and Best Teaching Attending of the Year Award. He is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians. His main specialty interests are primary care, preventive medicine, medical research and medical education. He also contributes to the various aspects of medical humanities through his artwork. He is currently involved in research and has published and presented numerous scientific research articles at the local, regional, national and international conferences.
Dr. Roy has been named a "Top Doc" for several years by Castle Connolly Group and regional publications including Inside Jersey Magazine, South Jersey Magazine, etc.
Education & Training
|Sarojina Naidu Medical College, Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Sarojina Naidu Medical College, Agra, India
|Internal Medicine - Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Yeshiva University, Bronx, NY
|Gastroenterology - Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Yeshiva University, Bronx, NY
Primary care, preventive medicine, medical research, medical education, diabetes, high blood pressure (hypertension), high cholesterol, obesity and weight management
Awards and Honors
- Fellow of the American College of Physicians
- Vijay Rajput MD Award for Excellence in Teaching, Cooper University Health Care
- Research Mentor of the Year Award, Cooper University Health Care
- Best Teaching Attending of the Year Award, Cooper University Health Care
- Inside Jersey Magazine "Top Docs" - 2015, 2016, 2018
- Philadelphia Magazine "Top Docs" - 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023
Dr. Roy is well published in his field. To view a complete list of his publications, please click here.