The Emergency Department at Cooper University Hospital provides treatment to patients with a broad spectrum of illnesses and injuries, some of which may be life-threatening and require immediate attention.
Why Choose Cooper for Emergency Care
- We provide patients with 24/7 access to specialists in cardiology, surgery, orthopaedics, otolaryngology, ophthalmology, urology and pediatrics in addition to social service assistance, lab services, medical imaging and cardiopulmonary services.
- Our board-certified pediatric emergency medicine physicians have the special training and experience to care for children, the only Emergency Department within southern New Jersey with this special expertise.
- The Fast Track is a dedicated emergency center designed to provide rapid service for patients with minor illnesses and injuries. Sore throat, fever, cold symptoms, sprains, and minor lacerations need prompt attention. Our emergency department's team of physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, residents, and technicians ensures expedited, thorough care, putting you on the road to recovery quickly.
Emergency Care Resources
For more serious conditions, the Emergency Department at Cooper ensures you have access to these health system resources:
- Level 1 Trauma Center: As one of only three level-one trauma centers designated by the New Jersey State Department of Health and Senior Services, we are uniquely equipped to handle the most serious cases.
- Level 1 Vascular Emergency Program: a team of world-renowned and expert vascular surgeons are committed to the care and treatment of all vascular emergencies.
- Comprehensive Stroke Center: Provides the highest standard of care, including diagnosis, prevention and treatment, for patients with stroke and other cerebrovascular diseases.
Accessing Cooper Emergency Care
Cooper University Hospital
One Cooper Plaza
Camden, NJ 08103
(Entrance is on Benson Street)
If you are experiencing a true medical emergency, always go to the nearest emergency room or call 911.
For less serious, non-life-threatening injuries or illnesses, visit one of Cooper’s Urgent Care Centers, located in Audubon, Cherry Hill, Cinnaminson, and Runnemede.