A cancer diagnosis can be overwhelming for you and your loved ones. Thanks to recent advances in preventive screenings and treatments, doctors can find and treat cancers of the digestive system earlier and more effectively than ever before.
The Gastrointestinal Cancer Center at MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper offers the expertise you need with a range of tools to support you and your family. Our team of specialists, many of them recognized as “Top Docs” by regional press, provide preventive screening and advanced treatments for cancers of the colon, liver, pancreas, rectum, stomach, esophagus, and bile duct.
Why Choose MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper for Gastrointestinal Cancer Care?
As a partner of MD Anderson Cancer Center, on of the nation’s top cancer hospitals, we offer a full range of prevention and treatment options for gastrointestinal malignancies and other types of cancer. You benefit from our:
- Leading cancer care expertise: MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper is the region’s leading center for the detection, evaluation, and treatment of gastrointestinal cancer. Our Digestive Health Institute endoscopy unit has been recognized by the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy for meeting high standards in quality and safety. Patients can confidently choose Cooper for the very best in cancer diagnosis and care.
- Advanced diagnosis and treatment: Our doctors have experience using the latest nonsurgical and minimally invasive techniques, such as endoscopic ultrasound. This diagnostic procedure uses a special tool to more clearly detect cancer. Our less-invasive surgical treatments offer many advantages, including improved treatment outcomes, a shorter hospital stay, and a faster recovery.
- Team approach to treatment: Our cancer specialists work together to coordinate your care, which means you have a team of doctors and other medical professionals working together to develop a personalized treatment plan specific to your needs and goals.
- Access to clinical trials: Our doctors lead and participate in a wide variety of clinical trials. Our commitment to innovative therapies provides access to promising treatment options that may not be available anywhere else in the region.
- Dedicated nurse navigators: Our oncology-certified nurse navigator advocates for all newly diagnosed patients. They will educate you about your diagnosis and help coordinate all aspects of your care.
- Full range of support services: We offer many resources to support you during treatment. These services include financial, behavioral, and nutrition counseling, as well as palliative care services. Read about our extensive cancer care support services.
- Genetic counseling: Some gastrointestinal cancers are caused by hereditary factors. Our risk assessment, genetics testing, and counseling can help you understand and manage your disease risk based on your inherited risk. Learn more about our cancer genetics program.
Gastrointestinal Cancers We Treat
The Gastrointestinal Cancer Center provides prevention, detection, and treatment services at multiple locations throughout southern New Jersey. We offer treatment for:
- Bile duct cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Liver cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Colon cancer
- Rectal cancer
To learn more about gastrointestinal cancer services available at MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper or to schedule an appointment, please call 855.MDA.COOPER (855.632.2667).
Refer a Patient
If you are a doctor who wants to refer a gastrointestinal cancer patient to MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper, please call 855.MDA.COOPER (855.632.2667).