Lung cancer is one of the most common types of cancer, in both men and women. If you or someone you know has recently been diagnosed with lung cancer, you may have a lot of questions. At the Lung Cancer Center at MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper, our professionals offer the people of South Jersey expert lung cancer care, with a compassionate touch.
We understand the tremendous emotional burden this disease places on you and your family. That’s why we focus on providing the best care possible. Our care specialists use advanced diagnostic techniques and leading cancer treatments while treating you with the utmost dignity and respect.
Why Choose MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper for Lung Cancer Care?
As a partner of MD Anderson Cancer Center, one of the nation’s leading cancer hospitals, we offer a full range of prevention and treatment options for lung cancer. You benefit from our:
- Leading cancer care expertise: MD Anderson at Cooper physicians are experts in lung cancer care. We offer you the most promising therapies and surgery techniques to find lung cancer earlier and treat it more effectively.
- Advanced diagnostic capabilities: Accurate diagnosis is a crucial part of deciding on a treatment plan. MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper uses advanced imaging and biopsy technologies, including PET-CT, MRI, and interventional pulmonary studies, to accurately stage lung cancer and find the best treatment for you.
- Team approach to treatment: At MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper, doctors from a variety of specialties work together on your care. Medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, thoracic surgeons, pulmonologists, and other professionals meet weekly to make sure you receive the most effective treatments for your specific circumstances.
- Dedicated nurse navigator: Our skilled nurse navigator will guide you through the cancer care process. In addition to answering your questions, our coordinator can help you schedule appointments and gather medical records.
- Full range of support services: A lung cancer diagnosis can impact many parts of your life. We offer a wealth of support services to help you through lung cancer treatment and recovery, such as behavioral medicine, complementary medicine, and nutrition counseling. You also have access to social work services, support groups, education programs, and palliative care. Explore our cancer care support services.
Lung Cancer Screening Program
According to the National Lung Screening Trial, screening high-risk individuals yearly with a low-dose CT imaging scan can prevent one in five deaths from lung cancer. MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper offers lung cancer screening to detect the disease at its earliest stage, when treatment is most effective.
For our lung cancer screening program, a multidisciplinary team of experts — from pulmonary medicine and thoracic surgery to radiation oncology and smoking cessation specialists — reviews each case. We personalize a follow-up plan (and treatment plan, if necessary) for every patient. Find out more about our lung cancer screening program.
You may be eligible for lung cancer screening if you:
- Are 55-74 years of age
- Are a current smoker or former smoker who has quit within the past 15 years
- Have a history of smoking 30 packs/year or more
To learn more about the services available at the Lung Cancer Center at MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper or to schedule an appointment, please call
Refer a Patient
If you are a doctor who wants to refer a patient to the Lung Cancer Center at MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper, please call