Doctors at the Pain Management Center at Cooper offer their expertise and the latest treatment resources to evaluate, diagnose, and treat your pain.
Our pain management specialists create personalized treatment plans to reduce chronic or severe pain, which can affect you physically and emotionally. Physical symptoms can include muscle tension, loss of mobility, fatigue, and loss of appetite, while the emotional effects include depression, anger, and anxiety.
If symptoms like these are affecting your quality of life, our pain management services may provide the relief you need.
Why Choose the Pain Management Center at Cooper?
Our team works with you and your primary care doctor or other referring doctor to assess your pain and create a treatment plan unique to your needs. Highlights of our program include:
- Thorough evaluation: Before treatment begins, our specialists carefully assess your pain to understand the underlying causes of your symptoms. As part of your evaluation, your doctor may:
- Take a detailed medical history
- Conduct a comprehensive physical exam
- Run nerve conduction studies, which measure electrical impulses through nerves
- Use diagnostic injections of a local anesthetic and steroid in specific joints or nerves to identify the source of the pain
- Order imaging tests such as X-rays, computed tomography (CT) scans, and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) exams
- Multidisciplinary approach: We provide the best possible care by utilizing the expertise of many different specialists. In addition to pain management doctors, your team can include:
- Palliative care specialists
- Physical therapists
- Social workers
- Tailored and comprehensive treatment plans: Together, our experts develop a pain treatment plan for your specific medical needs. It may include a combination of medications, injections, nerve blocks, physical and occupational therapy, and advanced therapies such as radiofrequency ablation. Learn more about our pain management treatments.
- Patient support and education: Education is a key part of your treatment and ability to cope with pain. We work with your referring doctor to help you:
- Keep pain at a tolerable level
- Increase your independence
- Improve your sense of well-being
- Decrease and possibly eliminate the need for narcotics and sedatives
- Return to work
- Create a home exercise and activity program to prevent a recurrence of pain
The Types of Pain We Treat
Our pain management specialists treat pain that arises from a wide range of conditions throughout the body. From cancer pain to neck pain and low back pain, from postoperative pain to diabetic neuropathy, our experts can help you find relief.
Learn more about the many types of pain we treat.
To learn more about the Pain Management Center at Cooper or to schedule an appointment, please call 856.963.6770.