Asthma and allergy symptoms can have a big impact on a child’s quality of life. At Cooper University Health Care, our specialists provide expert, compassionate care for children with allergies, asthma, and immunological conditions.
We offer children and families in South Jersey advanced diagnostic tools and research-backed treatment plans. Our collaborative and family-centered care aims for lifelong management of asthma and allergies and a full, active life for children at every age.
Why Choose Cooper for Allergy and Asthma Care?
Families choose Cooper for pediatric allergy, asthma, and immunology services because of our:
- Expertise: Many of our specialists are board-certified and fellowship-trained. This extra training helps our doctors accurately diagnose and treat even the most complex cases of asthma and allergies, in children of all ages.
- Team approach: We work closely with your referring pediatrician and any other specialists involved in your child’s care. This collaboration results in seamless, expert care and provides peace of mind for families and caregivers.
- Advanced diagnostic tools: Our specialists use the latest equipment and techniques, such as skin and blood allergy tests and lung function tests, to ensure a quick and accurate diagnosis. The sooner we can diagnose your child, the sooner we can create a care plan to manage their condition.
- Family education and support: Our family-centered care focuses on educating parents, caregivers, and children so everyone has confidence in managing the child’s condition.
- Responsive care: Our staff plays an active role in coordinating care between a child’s family or caregiver, referring physician, and school, and we encourage open lines of communication. We’re glad to walk you through any concerns you may have about managing your child’s condition.
Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology Disorders We Treat
We offer comprehensive evaluation and treatment services for conditions such as:
- Allergic conjunctivitis (eye itching and redness)
- Allergic rhinitis (hay fever)
- Anaphylaxis (severe allergic reaction)
- Angioedema (swelling)
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema)
- Contact dermatitis (skin reactions to irritants)
- Drug allergies
- Eosiniphilic esophagitis
- Food allergies
- Insect sting allergies
- Latex allergies
- Primary immunodeficiency
- Urticaria (hives)
Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology Treatment Services
If your child is suffering from an undiagnosed allergy, we offer the latest in diagnosis and treatment options, including:
- Allergy testing, skin and/or blood
- Pulmonary function tests
- Asthma education program (trigger, avoidance, medication review, teaching on device, peak flow monitoring, etc.)
- Immunotherapy (allergy shots/SLIT)
- Patch testing: Chemicals (evaluation for contact dermatitis) and food
- Xolar injections for moderate to severe asthma and/or hives
- Immunoglobulin infusions for primary immunodeficiency
To learn more about Cooper’s pediatric surgery services, to schedule an appointment, or to refer a patient, please call 800.8.COOPER (800.826.6737).