Autoimmune diseases like lupus or rheumatoid arthritis can cause wide-ranging effects throughout the body. Chronic pain, inflammation, and limited mobility are common with these conditions. At Cooper University Health Care, we pursue multiple avenues to help you find relief while effectively managing the autoimmune condition.
Cooper’s Division of Rheumatology specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases that affect the joints as well as rheumatic diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis. Our board-certified rheumatologists treat a wide variety of autoimmune diseases and types of arthritis using the most advanced technologies available.
Why Choose Cooper for Rheumatology Care?
Patients and families in the South Jersey community and beyond choose Cooper for rheumatology services because of our:
- Expertise: Our rheumatologists are board-certified, meaning they have special training to diagnose and treat a wide range of autoimmune diseases and types of arthritis. This expertise, paired with their depth of experience treating patients with rheumatologic conditions, leads to a high level of care.
- Personalized treatment plans: After pinpointing a diagnosis, our rheumatologists design a treatment plan that’s unique to you. Our treatment goals include managing your pain, reducing inflammation, and enhancing your function and independence.
- Advanced technology: Our rheumatology specialists stay up to date with the latest research, using the most advanced diagnostic technology and treatment techniques. We offer you multiple ways to manage your health and improve your quality of life. The experts at the Bone & Joint Institute utilized musculoskeletal ultrasound (MSU) for the diagnoses and treatment of autoimmune and rheumatic diseases.
- Team approach: Our rheumatologists have access to many of Cooper’s specialty services. These specialists include orthopaedic surgeons, physical and occupational therapists, podiatrists, and radiologists. Our collaborative approach gives patients numerous diagnostic and treatment options and the most comprehensive care possible.
- Responsive care: At Cooper, we encourage you and your loved ones to reach out with any questions or concerns about how a diagnosis or treatment may affect your life. We consider you an active member of your care team, and we want you to feel supported in your care.
- Research and innovation: Cooper rheumatologists are active in clinical research projects, pursuing promising new therapies to treat and manage autoimmune diseases.
Rheumatology Conditions We Treat
Our multidisciplinary specialists treat a wide range of rheumatologic conditions, including:
- Gout / Pseudogout
- Osteoporosis / Osteopenia
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Sjogren’s syndrome
- Spondyloarthropathy (Ankylosing Spondylitis)
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Rheumatology Services
Our team is dedicated to providing expert care for people with rheumatologic conditions. Cooper’s comprehensive services include:
- Outpatient consultations
- Hospital consultations
- Specialty care, such as orthopaedic surgery, occupational therapy and physical therapy
- Diagnostic and therapeutic soft tissue injections
- Education on rheumatologic diseases and treatments
- Clinical trials