Vivek T. Kulkarni, MD, MHS, EdM, FACC
Cooper University Health Care Titles
- Clinical Cardiologist
- Assistant Program Director, Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship
Cooper Medical School of Rowan University Titles
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Cardiovascular Disease)
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Internal Medicine)
- National Board of Echocardiography (Adult Echocardiography Level 3)
- Alliance for Physician Certification & Advancement (Nuclear Cardiology)
Cooper and Inspira Cardiac Care / Cooper University Physician
Education & Training
|Medical School||Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT|
|Graduate School||EdM - Harvard Graduate School of Education, Cambridge, MA|
|Internship||Internal Medicine - Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA|
|Residency||Internal Medicine - Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA|
|Fellowship||Cardiovascular Disease - University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA|
- American College of Cardiology
- American Heart Association
- American Society of Echocardiography
- American Society of Preventive Cardiology
- National Lipid Association
Awards and Honors
- 2020/21 - Chief Fellow, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
- 2020 - Measey Fellow in Medical Education, University of Pennsylvania
- 2020 - Penn Pearl Award, for outstanding teaching, voted and awarded by the medical students at Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
- 2019 - Vincent and Bonnie Anderson Award for Outstanding Teaching, Division of Cardiovascular
Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
- 2017 - Nancy and Elliot Comenitz Fellow in Medical Education, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- 2016 - Chief Resident, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital
- 2016 - Resident Mentor Award, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- 2014 - Dr. Marvin Moser Prize, Yale School of Medicine
- 2014 - Parker Prize, Yale School of Medicine
- 2014 - Normal Bailey Berniker Prize, Yale School of Medicine
- 2013 - Young Investigator Award Finalist, American Heart Association: Quality of Care and
- 2013 - Farr Scholar Award, Yale School of Medicine
- 2012 - Doris Duke Charitable Foundation Clinical Research Fellow
- 2011 - Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award, Yale School of Medicine
- 2009 - Phi Beta Kappa, Washington University in St. Louis
Journal of Graduate Medical Education, Ad Hoc Reviewer, 2018 to present
Kulkarni VT, Pothineni NVK, Kumareswaran R. Alternating QRS Morphologies and PR Intervals After Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement. JACC Case Rep. 2020 Sep 15;2(11):1742-1744. doi: 10.1016/j.jaccas.2020.05.104. PMID: 34317048; PMCID: PMC8312116.
Kulkarni VT, Salgado SM, Pelletier SR, Shields HM. Teaching methods used by internal medicine residents on rounds: what works? Adv Med Educ Pract. 2019 Jan 21;10:15-21. doi: 10.2147/AMEP.S181153. PMID: 30718971; PMCID: PMC6345188.
Dharmarajan K, Hsieh AF, Kulkarni VT, Lin Z, Ross JS, Horwitz LI, Kim N, Suter LG, Lin H, Normand SL, Krumholz HM. Trajectories of risk after hospitalization for heart failure, acute myocardial infarction, or pneumonia: retrospective cohort study. BMJ. 2015 Feb 5;350:h411. doi: 10.1136/bmj.h411. PMID: 25656852; PMCID: PMC4353309.
Kulkarni VT, Kim N, Dai Y, Dharmarajan K, Safavi KC, Bikdeli B, Lindenauer PK,
Testani J, Dries DL, Krumholz HM. Hospital variation in non-invasive positive pressure
ventilation for acute decompensated heart failure. Circ Heart Fail. 2014 May;7(3):427-33. Epub
2014 Mar 14.
Chen R, Dharmarajan K, Kulkarni VT, Punnanithinont N, Gupta A, Bikdeli B, Mody PS, Ranasinghe I. Most important outcomes research papers on hypertension. Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2013 Jul;6(4):e26-35. doi: 10.1161/CIRCOUTCOMES.113.000424. Epub 2013 Jul 9. PMID: 23838106; PMCID: PMC8152105.
Kulkarni VT, Ross JS, Wang Y, Nallamothu BK, Spertus JA, Normand SL, Masoudi FA, Krumholz HM. Regional density of cardiologists and rates of mortality for acute myocardial infarction and heart failure. Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2013 May 1;6(3):352-9. doi: 10.1161/CIRCOUTCOMES.113.000214. Epub 2013 May 16. PMID: 23680965; PMCID: PMC5323047.