Cooper University Health Care and Inspira Health Network have formed a joint venture to completely integrate cardiac services. This affiliation, called Cardiac Partners, provides patients in the South Jersey region with access to more coordinated and comprehensive cardiac services across the continuum of care. The combination of the two systems’ complementary heart services make Cardiac Partners the largest cardiac program in South Jersey. To learn more about Cardiac Partners at Cooper and Inspira, please click here.
The Cooper Heart Institute is the most comprehensive heart care center in southern New Jersey, earning national recognition for its superior quality and world-renowned team of cardiovascular experts. At Cooper, you have access to a full spectrum of heart care from prevention and diagnosis to cutting-edge technology and innovative treatments.
Why Choose Cooper for Cardiac Care
Our internationally renowned team of cardiologists offers world-class heart care at the only academic medical center in South Jersey. As faculty members of Cooper Medical School of Rowan University, our physicians also teach the next generation of doctors. As a result, our patients have access to the latest innovations, the most advanced technology, and the highest quality of care.
Whether you come to the Cooper Heart Institute for an initial consultation, second opinion, or access to advanced cardiovascular treatment, our cardiologists will work with you to develop an individualized plan of care that best meets your needs.
Superior Inpatient Care
Cooper University Health Care takes pride in its ability to offer a comprehensive array of diagnostic and treatment services with more than 700 physicians in more than 70 specialty areas.
Comprehensive Outpatient Network
Cooper University Health Care provides a network of over 100 locations, with eight outpatient cardiology offices throughout southern New Jersey.
Unmatched Emergency Transfer Care
The Cooper Transfer Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide “on scene” response, transporting patients to the closest, most appropriate facility. The Center also provides interfacility transports between hospitals should you need specialized care.
Comprehensive Heart Care
Cooper Cardiology offers you a wide range of comprehensive, expert care for your heart, from diagnostic testing and medical management of chronic heart problems to advanced, life-saving interventional procedures.
Our Non-Surgical/Catheter-Based Heart Procedures
- Angioplasty (both emergent and elective) to open blocked arteries
- Stent placement to treat narrowed or weakened arteries
- Valvuloplasty, a non-surgical heart valve repair
- Closure of heart wall defects
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) to treat severe aortic stenosis
- Left atrial occlusion device to treat non-valvular atrial fibrillation
- Stress testing – standard and nuclear studies
- Echocardiography – standard, stress, 3-D, and transesophageal
- Nuclear cardiology – gated SPECT imaging and MUGA scans
- CT Angiography
Advanced Medical Management
- Cutting-edge analysis and treatment of complex cholesterol/lipid disorders
- Individualized cardiac risk factor modification programs
Our cardiac experts guide state-of-the-art technology to diagnose and treat complex heart rhythm disorders, including:
- Ablation therapy for arrhythmia treatment
- Implantation of cardioverter/defibrillators
- Pacemaker implantation and management services
- Biventricular pacing for advanced heart failure
Advanced Heart Failure Management
A multidisciplinary team of physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and other staff provide you with the latest in medical management and device implantation, as well as access to state-of-the-art surgical options.
Diagnosis and Treatment of Peripheral Vascular Disease
Our comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic vascular services include noninvasive testing, such as carotid ultrasound, and upper/lower extremity imaging. We offer catheter-based angioplasty and stenting to treat narrowing and blocked arteries throughout the body, including those in the carotids, legs, kidneys, and abdomen.