All patients may request copies of their health records free of charge. You may submit requests online via MyCooper or by mail.
To request your health records through MyCooper:
- Log in to your account at my.cooperhealth.org
- Under the Health tab at the top of the page, click on Document Center.
- Select Requested Records.
- Click on hyperlink, and complete and submit the request form.
You will receive confirmation once your request has been submitted, and a copy of your request will be available in your sent messages. The records will be available in MyCooper for you to download within 10 days of your request. A Cooper representative will contact you if more information is needed.
There is no fee for this service, and the records will be available to download for 365 days.
To request your health records by mail:
Print out, complete, and sign the authorization form at the links below:
- English: Authorization for Use or Disclosure of Personal Health Information
- Espanol: Autorizacion Para Usar o Divulgar la Informacion Personal de su Salud
When filling out the authorization, remember to:
- PRINT all information clearly.
- Indicate the dates you received treatment at Cooper and let us know if you would like all of your records or just selected dates.
- Include the complete mailing address for you or the physician or other person to whom you would like the records forwarded.
- Under “Description of Health Information Subject to this Authorization,” it is important to check all of the boxes that relate to your treatment while a patient at Cooper.
- Sign and date the form. If you are a parent or guardian, please sign under “Authorized Representative” at the bottom right hand corner of the form.
- Provide the patient’s name, address, phone number and date of birth at the bottom of the form.
Please forward your signed authorization to:
Cooper University Health Care
Health Information Management
1 Federal Street, Suite 200
Camden, NJ 08103-1118
The requested records will be mailed within 10 days of your request. A Cooper representative will contact you if more information is needed. There is no fee for this service.
To request your electronic health information in machine-readable format, please call 856.342.2541, option 1.