In the department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Cooper University Health Care, we have physicians who specialize in providing sensitive, age-appropriate office visits for children and teenagers who would need sub-specialty gynecologic care. This includes infants, young children, and teenagers from birth to age 18.
Office visits with our young patients include a thorough history and, if necessary, a limited physical examination only after a discussion with the patient and their care giver, followed by a full discussion of diagnosis and treatment options. Specialized equipment is available for pediatric and teenage patients. One of our physicians holds a separate, focused practice designation in pediatric and adolescent gynecology.
The Cooper Difference
As part of the only academic health system in southern New Jersey, Cooper Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology has access to the latest medical knowledge, most advanced diagnosis and treatment options, and state-of-the-art technology to deliver the best patient experience possible, at each and every visit.
Conditions We Treat
Our team treats pediatric and adolescent patients for a variety of issues including:
- General questions regarding puberty and development
- Menstrual irregularity with dysfunctional uterine bleeding, pain with menses, heavy bleeding with menses, absence of menses
- Vaginal discharge and vulvar irritation
- Labial and vulvar adhesions
- Variations in appearance of genitalia either from congenital anomalies or traumatic injury
- Pelvic/ovarian cysts, masses or tumors
- Premature or delayed puberty
- Pelvic pain
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Contraception for teenagers