If you are having surgery, an anesthesiologist is the medical provider who relieves your pain before, during, and after your procedure. At Cooper University Health Care, our team of highly trained anesthesiologists provides anesthesia care in New Jersey to more than 35,000 patients each year.
Areas of Expertise
Who We Treat
- We provide anesthesia services at Cooper University Hospital, Camden; Cooper Surgery Center, Voorhees; Cooper Digestive Health Institute, Mount Laurel; and Endoscopy Center, Willingboro.
- Cooper anesthesiologists provide care for patients of MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper, Level 1 Trauma Center, Cooper Surgical Services Institute, Cooper Heart Institute, Cooper Bone and Joint Institute, Cooper Neurological Institute, Cooper Women’s and Children’s Health Institute, and Critical Care Medicine.
Quality and Safety
- Your care is in the hands of doctors, technicians, and staff who are committed to excellence by continuing their professional and educational development.
- The Cooper Anesthesia Simulation Program is cutting edge and includes faculty and staff who have years of experience and expertise. The program is endorsed by the American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) and is one of a few elite programs chosen to be part of the ASA Simulation Education Network (SEN).
- Our team is developing the next generation of anesthesiologists through our affiliation with the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University, where medical-student education includes active learning group facilitation, mentoring, and research.
- Over this past year we had 38 national meeting presentations, 10 book chapters, two book publications, and 12 manuscript publications. Our residents take advantage of these academic opportunities and, in turn, appreciate the process involved with scientific investigation.