If you or a loved one is critically ill, Cooper University Health Care is the only hospital in South Jersey to offer a team approach that includes dedicated critical care physicians from multiple disciplines who provide round-the-clock, on-site care. Along with patients from the immediate area, Cooper receives transfers of critically ill patients from more than 25 hospitals in South Jersey. Cooper has a long history of delivering high quality care to critically ill patients.
The Types of Care We Provide
Critical Care Anesthesiology is an important part of the ICU multidisciplinary care team. Our highly experienced, board-certified physicians offer expertise in the following areas:
- Airway management
- Invasive monitoring
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO)
- Post-operative care
- Liberation from the ventilator
- Routine procedures
We stress the importance of including the status of your health after surgery into the bigger picture of your care. We can help you and your family with care related to respiratory failure and ventilator management, prolonged sedation, sepsis and shock, cardiac failure, nutritional support, and renal failure.
A Multidisciplinary Approach
- Our state of the art ICU is designed specifically to optimize your recovery and your family's comfort.
- The 30-bed unit is staffed 24 hours a day and seven days a week by trained intensive care physicians, fellows, and house physicians, who are available at all times to speak with you and your family.
- Skilled ICU nurses, respiratory, physical and occupational therapists, pharmacists, dieticians, social work, and pastoral care personnel provide a full continuum of care.
- Intensivists work in cooperation with your primary care physician and other medical-surgical specialists as needed to provide the highest caliber of care.