The pediatric neurology and development program at Children’s Regional Hospital at Cooper provides comprehensive and compassionate care for children affected by neurologic disorders or symptoms.
Our skilled specialists use the latest diagnostic and treatment methods to manage the full range of neurologic disorders, neurodevelopmental disabilities, and other neurological conditions.
Why Choose Cooper for Pediatric Neurology Care?
Parents and caregivers in the South Jersey community and beyond choose Cooper for pediatric neurology services because of our:
- Expertise: Our board-certified pediatric neurologists use the latest technology to deliver expert care for acute and chronic neurological illnesses. Their special training means our doctors can diagnose and treat rare and complex neurological issues affecting the brain, spinal cord, nerves, and muscles.
- Team approach: At Cooper, a team of specialists works together to create the best care plan for your child. Pediatric neurologists, pediatric physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians, pediatric nurse practitioners, and social workers combine their expertise to provide the highest level of care for your child’s specific circumstances.
- Specialized diagnostic and treatment programs: We work closely with the Cooper Neurological Institute, which offers several programs designed to provide specialized care and ongoing support for specific neurological conditions. For example, specialists in our Pediatric Autism and Epilepsy Program work together to treat patients with autistic spectrum and epilepsy disorders. Learn more about the Cooper Neurological Institute.
- Care coordination: We understand the weight of caring for a child with medical challenges, and we strive to make your experience as seamless as possible. Our doctors and support staff play an active role in coordinating care between a child’s family or caregiver, referring physician, and school.
Pediatric Neurologic and Developmental Disorders We Treat
We offer comprehensive evaluation and treatment services for a full range of neurologic disorders in children, including:
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Developmental delays
- Organically based learning disabilities
- Childhood headaches and migraines
- Epilepsy (seizure disorders)
- Brain tumors
- Concussions and traumatic brain injuries
- Gross and fine motor deficits
- Cerebral palsy
- Neurologic and neurodevelopmental problems associated with premature and low-birth-weight infants
- Infections of the central nervous system
- Neuromuscular and neurocutaneous diseases
- Movement disorders, such as tics and Tourette syndrome
- Degenerative diseases of the central nervous system
Pediatric Neurologic and Developmental Services
Our team is dedicated to providing the highest level of care for children with neurologic and developmental conditions. Our pediatric neurology services include:
- Evaluation and treatment for a range of neurologic concerns related to
- Acute and long-term effects of head trauma
- Infectious diseases
- Neurologic assessments for child study team evaluations as well as congenital and acquired neurologic disorders
- Multidisciplinary care centers, such as our neuromuscular and neurocutaneous clinics, which allow patients to see multiple specialists at one center, sometimes in one visit
- Spasticity management
- Physical rehabilitation
- Post-concussion assessment and testing (ImPACT)
To learn more about Cooper’s pediatric surgery services, to schedule an appointment, or to refer a patient, please call 800.8.COOPER (800.826.6737).