Neurology experts at Cooper University Health Care specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of a broad spectrum of neurological conditions. Their expertise includes acute and chronic diseases of the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves, and muscles.
Our neurologists combine their expertise with leading technology and compassion to deliver exceptional care for a full range of neurological conditions.
Why Choose Cooper for Neurology Care?
People in the South Jersey community and beyond choose Cooper for neurology services because of our:
- Expertise: Our board-certified neurologists are at the forefront of neurological care, with a focus on clinical excellence, academic achievement, and innovative research. This board certification means our doctors are experienced in diagnosing and treating a wide range of rare and complex neurological issues.
- Team approach: At Cooper, doctors with advanced training in different areas pool their knowledge to come up with a treatment plan personalized to your circumstances. Your care team may include neurologists, physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians, and other specialists, all collaborating to provide the best possible care.
- Specialized diagnostic and treatment programs: At the Cooper Neurological Institute, located on Cooper’s main hospital campus, our disease-specific programs offer specialized care and ongoing support for certain neurological conditions. These programs include our nationally recognized Stroke Program, offering the most advanced stroke care possible, and our level 4 epilepsy center, a designation that reflects the highest level of epilepsy care. Learn more about the Cooper Neurological Institute.
- Innovative treatment options: To support the services offered by the Neurology department, the Cooper Neurological Institute offers the latest advancements in neurosurgery. Gamma Knife® Perfexion™ therapy effectively treats certain neurological disorders and brain tumors without incisions – or an overnight hospital stay. Our team offers innovative and minimally invasive surgical treatment options for stroke, movement disorders, and epilepsy.
Neurological Conditions We Treat
Cooper’s neurology specialists offer comprehensive evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment services for a wide range of neurological conditions, including:
- Epilepsy and other seizure disorders
- Headaches, including migraines
- Movement disorders, including essential tremor and Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Neuromuscular disorders such as ALS, or Lou Gehrig’s disease
- Brain tumors
- Brain injury
Our team is dedicated to providing the highest level of care for patients with neurological conditions. Through our disease-specific neurology programs, patients get access to comprehensive care that includes the latest treatment innovations and expertise from multiple specialists. Ask your doctor how you may benefit from our:
- Neuromuscular Disorders Clinic: We evaluate and treat a variety of neuromuscular conditions, including peripheral neuropathy, Guillain-Barré syndrome, ALS, muscular dystrophy, and myotonic dystrophy.
- Mild Head Injury Program: We provide a full spectrum of services for patients experiencing a mild traumatic brain injury, or concussion. Your doctor may recommend a combination of neuropsychological evaluation, family education, psychosocial counseling, stress management, and relaxation training.
- Comprehensive Stroke Program: Cooper is proud to be the first hospital in South Jersey nationally recognized as a Comprehensive Stroke Program. Our team cares for the most complex stroke and our goal is to help people who experience stroke recover as quickly and safely as possible. With advanced imaging and specialized treatments, our doctors diagnose, treat, and help to prevent stroke (and other similar conditions) more quickly and effectively. Cooper University Hospital houses a dedicated inpatient stroke unit and a specialized neuroscience intensive care unit. Learn more about our Stroke Program.
- Neuropsychology Laboratory: Our comprehensive examinations guide treatment recommendations for patients with known or suspected cognition changes. These changes may result from traumatic or mild brain injury, stroke, cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, or other neurological or behavioral problems.
- Headache Program: We offer complete neurological evaluation and treatment for migraines, tension headaches, and other types of head pain. Read more about our Headache Program.
- Epilepsy Treatment Program: Our Epilepsy Treatment Program is the only program in South Jersey to include epileptologists, doctors who specialize in the diagnosis and management of epilepsy. We offer the most advanced procedures and therapies, including simultaneous electroencephalography (EEG) video monitoring and vagal nerve stimulation. Learn more about our Epilepsy Treatment Program.
- Neurophysiology Laboratory: We offer many advanced diagnostic services, including EEG, electromyography, sleep studies, and needle muscle biopsy.
To learn more about Cooper’s spine services, to schedule an appointment, or to refer a patient, please call 800.8.COOPER (800.826.6737).