The CyberKnife Advantage at MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper
CyberKnife® treatment is a pain-free, non-invasive alternative to surgery and traditional radiation therapy for cancers of the lung, liver, pancreas, spine, brain and other cancers.
CyberKnife treatments are performed on an outpatient basis with little or no recovery time. Most cancers can be treated in five or fewer treatments. No anesthesia is required and there are minimal side effects - in fact, most patients return to their activities almost immediately.
CyberKnife kills cancer cells by delivering focused beams of radiation with pinpoint accuracy, while limiting the radiation to the surrounding healthy tissue.
Cooper University Health Care was the first in South Jersey to offer this groundbreaking new technology, and the team at MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper is the most experienced treatment team in the region.
The Benefits of CyberKnife
- Non-invasive, outpatient procedure
- Minimal side effects and no recovery time
- Five or fewer treatments
- Treats tumors that cannot be removed by surgery
- Effective on cancers that have been previously treated with radiation
- Can treat cancer of the lung, liver, pancreas, spine, brain and other cancers