- The aorta is the large blood vessel that carries oxygen-rich blood from the heart to the body’s vital organs. An abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) is a bulging or ballooning in a portion of the aorta that runs through the abdomen.
- Cooper’s vascular surgeons provide fast diagnosis and treatment for life-threatening ruptures and blockages of the blood vessels in the abdomen
- The goal of abdominoplasty, also known as a "tummy tuck," is to improve one’s body contour specifically by reducing abdominal bulging.
- The Achilles tendon is the largest tendon in the human body. It connects the calf muscle to the heel bone. However, this tendon is also the most common site of rupture or tendonitis, an inflammation of the tendon due to overuse.
- Cooper’s ENT specialists have advanced expertise in treating acoustic neuroma, a rare, benign tumor that can affect hearing, balance and brain function.
- The Addiction Medicine Program, a program of Cooper University Health Care's Urban Health Institute, provides compassionate, top-of-the-line medical care and comprehensive addiction treatment services for Cooper patients with substance use disorders and chemical dependency throughout the continuum of inpatient, outpatient, and chronic care settings.
- Teenagers and young adults may feel "too old" to see a pediatrician, but not quite ready to transition to an adult primary care provider. Cooper's Adolescent Medicine physicians offer comprehensive medical and psychosocial care for early teenage years through early adulthood.
- Cooper’s ear, nose and throat specialists (ENTs) treat allergic rhinitis, the irritation and swelling of the mucous membrane in the nose that affects children and adults seasonally or year-round.
- Cooper’s allergy and immunology specialists, and ear, nose, and throat specialists provide expert care for all types allergies.
- About 50 million Americans suffer from allergies. The immune systems of people with allergies overreact to normally harmless substances, called triggers.
Hemoglobin is an iron-rich protein that helps red blood cells carry oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body. If you have anemia, your body does not get enough oxygen-rich blood. This can cause you to feel tired or weak.
- If you are having surgery, an anesthesiologist is the medical provider who relieves your pain before, during, and after your procedure. At Cooper University Health Care, our team provides anesthesia care in New Jersey to more than 35,000 patients each year.
Angina is chest pain or discomfort that occurs if an area of your heart muscle does not get enough oxygen-rich blood. There are several types of angina, and the signs and symptoms depend on which type you have.
- Angioplasty with stent placement is a minimally invasive surgical procedure performed to open clogged arteries and restore blood flow to the heart. It involves the temporary insertion and blowing up of a tiny balloon where the artery is clogged.
- Ankle fusion is a surgical procedure where the three bones that make up the ankle joint (the talus, the tibia, and the fibula) are held together with metal implants, allowing them to heal and grow into one bone.
- Ankle replacement is surgery designed to relieve pain and restore mobility by replacing the damaged parts of the three bones that make up the ankle joint (the talus, the tibia, and the fibula) with artificial parts (prosthetics).
- Anorectal manometry is a procedure to help determine the cause of chronic constipation, stool accidents, or other bowel problems by measuring how the muscles and nerves work inside the rectum.
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction surgery replaces the ACL, a small but important ligament in the center of the knee, with a new ligament often taken from a person’s own body (autograft) or from a donated source (allograft).
- The Cooper Aortic Center provides world-class care through the accurate diagnosis of diseases and conditions that attack the body’s arterial system. Vascular disease affects the circulatory system and includes diseases of the arteries, veins and lymph vessels, as well as blood disorders that affect circulation.
- Our doctors provide rapid diagnosis and innovative treatment for aortic dissection, a tear in the aortic wall.
Showing 1 to 20 of 554 results
Showing 1 to 20 of 554 results