- The aorta is the large blood vessel that carries oxygen-rich blood from the heart to the body’s vital organs. An abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) is a bulging or ballooning in a portion of the aorta that runs through the abdomen.
- Cooper’s vascular surgeons provide fast diagnosis and treatment for life-threatening ruptures and blockages of the blood vessels in the abdomen
- The goal of abdominoplasty, also known as a "tummy tuck," is to improve one’s body contour specifically by reducing abdominal bulging.
- The Achilles tendon is the largest tendon in the human body. It connects the calf muscle to the heel bone. However, this tendon is also the most common site of rupture or tendonitis, an inflammation of the tendon due to overuse.
- Cooper’s ENT specialists have advanced expertise in treating acoustic neuroma, a rare, benign tumor that can affect hearing, balance and brain function.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) happens when a sudden, external, physical assault damages the brain. It is one of the most common causes of disability and death in adults.
- The Addiction Medicine Program, a program of Cooper University Health Care's Urban Health Institute, provides compassionate, top-of-the-line medical care and comprehensive addiction treatment services for Cooper patients with substance use disorders and chemical dependency throughout the continuum of inpatient, outpatient, and chronic care settings.
- Teenagers and young adults may feel "too old" to see a pediatrician, but not quite ready to transition to an adult primary care provider. Cooper's Adolescent Medicine physicians offer comprehensive medical and psychosocial care for early teenage years through early adulthood.
- Cooper’s ear, nose and throat specialists (ENTs) treat allergic rhinitis, the irritation and swelling of the mucous membrane in the nose that affects children and adults seasonally or year-round.
- Cooper’s allergy and immunology specialists, and ear, nose, and throat specialists provide expert care for all types allergies.
- About 50 million Americans suffer from allergies. The immune systems of people with allergies overreact to normally harmless substances, called triggers.
- Anemia is a condition in which your blood has a lower-than-normal amount of red blood cells or hemoglobin.
- If you are having surgery, an anesthesiologist is the medical provider who relieves your pain before, during, and after your procedure. At Cooper University Health Care, our team provides anesthesia care in New Jersey to more than 35,000 patients each year.
Angina is chest pain or discomfort that occurs if an area of your heart muscle does not get enough oxygen-rich blood. There are several types of angina, and the signs and symptoms depend on which type you have.
- Angioplasty with stent placement is a minimally invasive surgical procedure performed to open clogged arteries and restore blood flow to the heart. It involves the temporary insertion and blowing up of a tiny balloon where the artery is clogged.
- Ankle fusion is a surgical procedure where the three bones that make up the ankle joint (the talus, the tibia, and the fibula) are held together with metal implants, allowing them to heal and grow into one bone.
- Ankle replacement is surgery designed to relieve pain and restore mobility by replacing the damaged parts of the three bones that make up the ankle joint (the talus, the tibia, and the fibula) with artificial parts (prosthetics).
- Anorectal manometry is a procedure to help determine the cause of chronic constipation, stool accidents, or other bowel problems by measuring how the muscles and nerves work inside the rectum.
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction surgery replaces the ACL, a small but important ligament in the center of the knee, with a new ligament often taken from a person’s own body (autograft) or from a donated source (allograft).
- The Cooper Aortic Center provides world-class care through the accurate diagnosis of diseases and conditions that attack the body’s arterial system. Vascular disease affects the circulatory system and includes diseases of the arteries, veins and lymph vessels, as well as blood disorders that affect circulation.
Get to Know Cooper University Health Care's Services
Individuals around South Jersey and the Delaware Valley can receive specialized attention and care at one of the many Cooper University Health Care facilities in the area. We offer more than 70 different specialties and a network of more than 630 board-certified physicians working in more than 100 office locations.
Read on to learn more about how we can help you!
MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper
MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper has taken advanced cancer care to an entirely new level.
As part of the MD Anderson at Cooper experience, you will have access to:
- MD Anderson Cancer Center’s proven treatment plans
- Specialized cancer expertise
- Clinical trials
- Collaboration by national and regional cancer specialists
- Customized treatment plans
- A full range of supportive care services
Ripa Center for Women’s Health & Wellness
The Ripa Center for Women’s Health and Wellness in Voorhees, NJ, is a leading provider of women’s health services in South Jersey, offering women a higher standard of personal health and well-being.
Available health services at this facility include breast health, osteoporosis treatment, primary care, maternal-fetal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, plus on-site imaging and more. Educational programs centered around health needs, fitness, and individual empowerment are available, too!
Children’s Regional Hospital at Cooper
The Children’s Regional Hospital at Cooper provides high-quality pediatric primary care and comprehensive specialty care services and has the only hospital-based pediatric surgery program in South Jersey. Families no longer need to travel out of state for exceptional care provided by board-certified, fellowship-trained pediatric medical specialists, surgeons, and anesthesiologists.
Cooper also is a verified Level II Pediatric Trauma Center according to the American College of Surgeons and has a dedicated pediatric emergency department with waiting areas and rooms specifically designed to meet the needs of infants and children.
Bone and Joint Institute
The Bone and Joint Institute, focusing on comprehensive musculoskeletal care, is led by a team of fellowship-trained and board-certified experts specializing in orthopedics, rheumatology, sports medicine, podiatry, and rehabilitation.
Cooper is also the first in New Jersey to receive Premier Certification Status for Geriatric Fracture Care from the International Geriatric Fracture Society and is a Blue Distinction® Center for Spine Surgery.
Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery Center
You can finally achieve and maintain your weight-loss goals and take back your life with help from the highly trained experts at our Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery Center, a MBSAQIP Accredited - Comprehensive with Adolescent Qualifications Center.
Our surgeons have performed thousands of weight-loss surgeries and we have a detailed program to help you lose and keep off weight that includes:
- Thorough consultation and evaluation process
- Multidisciplinary approach to your care
- Careful consideration of your goals
- Ongoing follow-up
- Close coordination with your referring doctor
Urgent Care Centers
With multiple urgent care centers throughout the area, you’ll be able to receive prompt and professional assistance when you need it most.
These centers act as an extension of our Emergency Department, providing you with immediate attention under the guidance of a board-certified emergency medicine physician. Patients young or old can stop in at any time to have their cuts, bruises, sprains, falls, and fevers attended to, along with any other non-life threatening condition. Our urgent care centers provide timely and effective care in an always-friendly environment.
Use the Services Search Bar
To make your search easier, we have a helpful search bar for you to use. This tool is capable of directing you to Cooper services with locations near you that are perfectly suited to your medical needs.
Receive the Right Care for Your Needs!
At Cooper University Health Care, serving South Jersey and the Delaware Valley, we’ve created a range of specialized centers so you can receive attentive and proper care for your specific needs. To see which service is right for you, give us a call or use our search tool!