- The newest breast cancer treatment option available at MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper is SAVI® (Strut Assisted Volume Implant).
- A SLAP tear is an injury to a part of the shoulder joint called the labrum. The labrum is the cuff of cartilage that extends the socket part of the shoulder blade to better accept the ball end of the arm bone.
- Safe Kids USA is the first and only national non-profit organization dedicated solely to the prevention of unintentional childhood injury – the number one killer of children ages 14 and under in the United States.
- Learn about scleroderma, and the advanced resources for diagnosing and treating this condition at Cooper University Health Care’s Division of Rheumatology
- Scoliosis surgery is designed to improve a severe spinal curve and to keep it from getting worse by permanently joining the bones (vertebrae) together. The goal is not to completely straighten the spine, which may cause damage to the spinal cord.
- Cooper Breast Imaging is one of the first 10 centers in the nation to offer patients SenoBright Contrast Enhanced Spectral Mammography (CESM)—a new diagnostic tool that aids physicians in breast cancer diagnosis.
- As part of our overall mission To serve, To heal, To educate, we have made a strong commitment to serve those who have served our country and communities. Fulfilling this mission takes the talents of many and occurs quietly and without fanfare, every day, through a number of innovative, personalized initiatives.
- Impingement syndrome is caused by the excessive squeezing or rubbing of the rotator cuff and shoulder blade. The pain associated with the syndrome is a result of an inflamed bursa (lubricating sac) over the rotator cuff, and/or inflammation of the rotator cuff tendons, and/or calcium deposits in tendons due to wear and tear.
- Learn about shoulder instability and the expert care available for treating this condition at Cooper University Health Care
- Shoulder manipulation is a procedure where the arm is forcibly stretched in various positions to relieve stiffness and pain caused by frozen shoulder. In some cases, the manipulation may cause tearing in the shoulder joint.
- Although the shoulder is the most movable joint in the body, it is also an unstable joint because of its range-of-motion. Because the ball of the upper arm is larger than the socket of the shoulder, it is susceptible to injury.
- Shoulder joint replacement surgery is performed to replace the damaged ends of the upper arm bone and shoulder bone with artificial components (prostheses) when the joint is severely damaged by such degenerative joint diseases as arthritis, or in complex cases of upper arm bone fracture.
- Learn about shoulder tendonitis and the specialized care available for treating this condition at Cooper University Health Care
- Sagging skin is one of the major contributors to an aged and tired appearance. Silhouette InstaLift™ is a simple, in-office procedure to recontour your face by lifting the deeper layers of your skin for a more youthful appearance. Naomi Lawrence, MD, Head of the Section of Procedural Dermatology, is performing this new procedure, Silhouette InstaLift, in her Marlton office.
- Treatment for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS ) should begin right away under the care of a physician.
- A condition in which the heart rate is faster than normal because the sinus node is sending out electrical impulses at a rate faster than usual.
- Cooper's otolaryngologists have the advanced expertise to provide both medical and surgical care for all types of sinus infections.
- MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper is the region’s leading center for the detection, evaluation and treatment of skin cancer.
- Our expert breast surgeons can perform reconstruction immediately after mastectomy surgery, offering effective treatment with added convenience.
- Sleep apnea is a breathing disorder characterized by brief interruptions of breathing during sleep. It’s far more common than once thought, affecting as many as 18 million Americans of all ages and both genders (although it is more common in men).
Get to Know Cooper University Health Care's Services
Individuals around South Jersey and the Delaware Valley can receive specialized attention and care at one of the many Cooper University Health Care facilities in the area. We offer more than 70 different specialties and a network of more than 630 board-certified physicians working in more than 100 office locations.
Read on to learn more about how we can help you!
MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper
MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper has taken advanced cancer care to an entirely new level.
As part of the MD Anderson at Cooper experience, you will have access to:
- MD Anderson Cancer Center’s proven treatment plans
- Specialized cancer expertise
- Clinical trials
- Collaboration by national and regional cancer specialists
- Customized treatment plans
- A full range of supportive care services
Ripa Center for Women’s Health & Wellness
The Ripa Center for Women’s Health and Wellness in Voorhees, NJ, is a leading provider of women’s health services in South Jersey, offering women a higher standard of personal health and well-being.
Available health services at this facility include breast health, osteoporosis treatment, primary care, maternal-fetal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, plus on-site imaging and more. Educational programs centered around health needs, fitness, and individual empowerment are available, too!
Children’s Regional Hospital at Cooper
The Children’s Regional Hospital at Cooper provides high-quality pediatric primary care and comprehensive specialty care services and has the only hospital-based pediatric surgery program in South Jersey. Families no longer need to travel out of state for exceptional care provided by board-certified, fellowship-trained pediatric medical specialists, surgeons, and anesthesiologists.
Cooper also is a verified Level II Pediatric Trauma Center according to the American College of Surgeons and has a dedicated pediatric emergency department with waiting areas and rooms specifically designed to meet the needs of infants and children.
Bone and Joint Institute
The Bone and Joint Institute, focusing on comprehensive musculoskeletal care, is led by a team of fellowship-trained and board-certified experts specializing in orthopedics, rheumatology, sports medicine, podiatry, and rehabilitation.
Cooper is also the first in New Jersey to receive Premier Certification Status for Geriatric Fracture Care from the International Geriatric Fracture Society and is a Blue Distinction® Center for Spine Surgery.
Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery Center
You can finally achieve and maintain your weight-loss goals and take back your life with help from the highly trained experts at our Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery Center, a MBSAQIP Accredited - Comprehensive with Adolescent Qualifications Center.
Our surgeons have performed thousands of weight-loss surgeries and we have a detailed program to help you lose and keep off weight that includes:
- Thorough consultation and evaluation process
- Multidisciplinary approach to your care
- Careful consideration of your goals
- Ongoing follow-up
- Close coordination with your referring doctor
Urgent Care Centers
With multiple urgent care centers throughout the area, you’ll be able to receive prompt and professional assistance when you need it most.
These centers act as an extension of our Emergency Department, providing you with immediate attention under the guidance of a board-certified emergency medicine physician. Patients young or old can stop in at any time to have their cuts, bruises, sprains, falls, and fevers attended to, along with any other non-life threatening condition. Our urgent care centers provide timely and effective care in an always-friendly environment.
Use the Services Search Bar
To make your search easier, we have a helpful search bar for you to use. This tool is capable of directing you to Cooper services with locations near you that are perfectly suited to your medical needs.
Receive the Right Care for Your Needs!
At Cooper University Health Care, serving South Jersey and the Delaware Valley, we’ve created a range of specialized centers so you can receive attentive and proper care for your specific needs. To see which service is right for you, give us a call or use our search tool!