- DEXA scans measure bone mineral content at the hip or spine. It is the best way to screen for osteoporosis and assess risk for fractures.
- Deep brain stimulation (DBS) is a surgical option for patients with Parkinson’s disease, essential tremor, and dystonia.
- Our doctors provide expert treatment for deep vein thrombosis, a blot clot in a deep vein, usually in the leg.
If you have been told that you have ‘dense breasts’, you may have questions about how this diagnosis can affect your mammograms and your risk of breast cancer and the steps you need to take to stay healthy and informed.
Everyone feels sad or low sometimes, but these feelings usually pass with a little time.
- The team at Cooper Dermatologic and Cosmetic Surgery has the training and expertise in treating a range of facial cosmetic issues.
- Our teaching affiliate dermatologists offer Cooper patients state-of-the-art dermatologic care, specializing in medical, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology.
- Cooper's ENT surgeons are experienced in removing dermoid cysts, congenital lumps under the skin that can cause infection, bone damage, or other problems.
- Cooper's ENT specialists provide expert diagnosis and treatment of deviated septum, which can cause nasal obstruction, congestion and breathing issues.
- Taking control of diabetes is not easy, but thanks to our Diabetes Self-Management Education (DSME) program, you can learn tools for taking medications, making healthy food choices, being active, monitoring, solving problems and making healthy decisions, reducing risks, and healthy coping.
- Cooper University Health Care offers highly specialized expertise for diagnosing and treating type 1 diabetes
- Learn more about type 2 diabetes and the specialized expertise available at Cooper for diagnosing and managing this condition
- Having diabetes increases the risk of developing a wide range of foot problems. Seemingly small foot problems can have serious complications, even resulting in the need for the affected limb to be amputated.
- Gastrointestinal problems affect more than a million people in the U.S. every year. Selecting the physicians and practice that provide the best care for your unique needs is extremely important.
- Disaster Medicine and Emergency Preparedness specializes in disaster management and coordination of resources to the hospital, community, region and state in the event of a natural or man-made disaster.
- Discectomy is surgery to remove all or part of a cushion that helps protects the spine. These cushions, called discs, separate the bones in the spine (vertebrae).
- Learn about Dupuytren’s contracture, and the expert resources for diagnosing and treating this condition at Cooper University Health Care
- Dupuytren's surgical release is performed to relieve the tightening and inward bending of one or more fingers as a result of abnormal connective tissue (fascia) growth and thickening in the palm (Dupuytren's contracture).
- Cooper provides comprehensive, multidisciplinary care for children with dysphagia (difficulty swallowing).
- Dystonia is a disorder characterized by involuntary muscle contractions that cause slow repetitive movements or abnormal postures. The movements may be painful, and some individuals with dystonia may have a tremor or other neurologic features.
Get to Know Cooper University Health Care's Services
Individuals around South Jersey and the Delaware Valley can receive specialized attention and care at one of the many Cooper University Health Care facilities in the area. We offer more than 70 different specialties and a network of more than 630 board-certified physicians working in more than 100 office locations.
Read on to learn more about how we can help you!
MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper
MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper has taken advanced cancer care to an entirely new level.
As part of the MD Anderson at Cooper experience, you will have access to:
- MD Anderson Cancer Center’s proven treatment plans
- Specialized cancer expertise
- Clinical trials
- Collaboration by national and regional cancer specialists
- Customized treatment plans
- A full range of supportive care services
Ripa Center for Women’s Health & Wellness
The Ripa Center for Women’s Health and Wellness in Voorhees, NJ, is a leading provider of women’s health services in South Jersey, offering women a higher standard of personal health and well-being.
Available health services at this facility include breast health, osteoporosis treatment, primary care, maternal-fetal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, plus on-site imaging and more. Educational programs centered around health needs, fitness, and individual empowerment are available, too!
Children’s Regional Hospital at Cooper
The Children’s Regional Hospital at Cooper provides high-quality pediatric primary care and comprehensive specialty care services and has the only hospital-based pediatric surgery program in South Jersey. Families no longer need to travel out of state for exceptional care provided by board-certified, fellowship-trained pediatric medical specialists, surgeons, and anesthesiologists.
Cooper also is a verified Level II Pediatric Trauma Center according to the American College of Surgeons and has a dedicated pediatric emergency department with waiting areas and rooms specifically designed to meet the needs of infants and children.
Bone and Joint Institute
The Bone and Joint Institute, focusing on comprehensive musculoskeletal care, is led by a team of fellowship-trained and board-certified experts specializing in orthopedics, rheumatology, sports medicine, podiatry, and rehabilitation.
Cooper is also the first in New Jersey to receive Premier Certification Status for Geriatric Fracture Care from the International Geriatric Fracture Society and is a Blue Distinction® Center for Spine Surgery.
Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery Center
You can finally achieve and maintain your weight-loss goals and take back your life with help from the highly trained experts at our Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery Center, a MBSAQIP Accredited - Comprehensive with Adolescent Qualifications Center.
Our surgeons have performed thousands of weight-loss surgeries and we have a detailed program to help you lose and keep off weight that includes:
- Thorough consultation and evaluation process
- Multidisciplinary approach to your care
- Careful consideration of your goals
- Ongoing follow-up
- Close coordination with your referring doctor
Urgent Care Centers
With multiple urgent care centers throughout the area, you’ll be able to receive prompt and professional assistance when you need it most.
These centers act as an extension of our Emergency Department, providing you with immediate attention under the guidance of a board-certified emergency medicine physician. Patients young or old can stop in at any time to have their cuts, bruises, sprains, falls, and fevers attended to, along with any other non-life threatening condition. Our urgent care centers provide timely and effective care in an always-friendly environment.
Use the Services Search Bar
To make your search easier, we have a helpful search bar for you to use. This tool is capable of directing you to Cooper services with locations near you that are perfectly suited to your medical needs.
Receive the Right Care for Your Needs!
At Cooper University Health Care, serving South Jersey and the Delaware Valley, we’ve created a range of specialized centers so you can receive attentive and proper care for your specific needs. To see which service is right for you, give us a call or use our search tool!