- DEXA scans measure bone mineral content at the hip or spine. It is the best way to screen for osteoporosis and assess risk for fractures.
- Deep brain stimulation (DBS) is a surgical option for patients with Parkinson’s disease, essential tremor, and dystonia.
- Our doctors provide expert treatment for deep vein thrombosis, a blot clot in a deep vein, usually in the leg.
If you have been told that you have ‘dense breasts’, you may have questions about how this diagnosis can affect your mammograms and your risk of breast cancer and the steps you need to take to stay healthy and informed.
Everyone feels sad or low sometimes, but these feelings usually pass with a little time.
- The team at Cooper Dermatologic and Cosmetic Surgery has the training and expertise in treating a range of facial cosmetic issues.
- Our teaching affiliate dermatologists offer Cooper patients state-of-the-art dermatologic care, specializing in medical, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology.
- Cooper's ENT surgeons are experienced in removing dermoid cysts, congenital lumps under the skin that can cause infection, bone damage, or other problems.
- Cooper's ENT specialists provide expert diagnosis and treatment of deviated septum, which can cause nasal obstruction, congestion and breathing issues.
- Taking control of diabetes is not easy, but thanks to our Diabetes Self-Management Education (DSME) program, you can learn tools for taking medications, making healthy food choices, being active, monitoring, solving problems and making healthy decisions, reducing risks, and healthy coping.
- Cooper University Health Care offers highly specialized expertise for diagnosing and treating type 1 diabetes
- Learn more about type 2 diabetes and the specialized expertise available at Cooper for diagnosing and managing this condition
- Having diabetes increases the risk of developing a wide range of foot problems. Seemingly small foot problems can have serious complications, even resulting in the need for the affected limb to be amputated.
- Gastrointestinal problems affect more than a million people in the U.S. every year. Selecting the physicians and practice that provide the best care for your unique needs is extremely important.
- Disaster Medicine and Emergency Preparedness specializes in disaster management and coordination of resources to the hospital, community, region and state in the event of a natural or man-made disaster.
- Discectomy is surgery to remove all or part of a cushion that helps protects the spine. These cushions, called discs, separate the bones in the spine (vertebrae).
- Learn about Dupuytren’s contracture, and the expert resources for diagnosing and treating this condition at Cooper University Health Care
- Dupuytren's surgical release is performed to relieve the tightening and inward bending of one or more fingers as a result of abnormal connective tissue (fascia) growth and thickening in the palm (Dupuytren's contracture).
- Cooper provides comprehensive, multidisciplinary care for children with dysphagia (difficulty swallowing).
- Dystonia is a disorder characterized by involuntary muscle contractions that cause slow repetitive movements or abnormal postures. The movements may be painful, and some individuals with dystonia may have a tremor or other neurologic features.