- Care and comfort -- simple words but words that typify cancer treatment at MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper. Our board-certified radiation oncologists are experts in the field of fighting cancer and, together with the Radiation Oncology team, work with each patient to develop a comprehensive treatment program.
- Radiation therapy (also called therapeutic radiology or radiation oncology) uses X-rays, gamma rays, and charged particles to fight cancer.
- Radiofrequency ablation uses heat transmitted through a needle placed into a tumor to kill cancer cells. Imaging techniques such as ultrasound, computed tomography (CT) or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) are used to help guide a needle into the tumor.
- Our specialists perform radiofrequency ablation when injections or nerve blocks do not offer pain relief.
- When your health requires a closer look, schedule a visit at a Cooper University Heath Care Radiology office.
- Radiopharmaceuticals are cancer drugs that contain radioactive materials. They target cancer cells, giving off radiation that kills these cells while sparing healthy tissue.
- Cooper University Hospital offers patients two of the most technologically advanced radiosurgery tools for the treatment of tumors anywhere in the body.
- With the launch of our comprehensive Rare Cancers Program, we’ve brought together an unparalleled depth and breadth of rare-cancer expertise. This means you have one-stop access to an entire team of rare-cancer experts who are up to date on the latest research (we’re even conducting some of it), the most accurate diagnostic methods, and the most advanced treatment options—right here in South Jersey.
- Learn about Raynaud’s phenomenon, and the expert resources for diagnosing and treating this condition at Cooper University Health Care’s Division of Rheumatology
Rectal prolapse occurs when the rectum drops down through the anus. In complete rectal prolapse, the entire wall of the rectum drops through the anus. In partial rectal prolapse, only the lining of the rectum drops through the anus.
- Learn about repetitive motion sports injuries, and the expert sports medicine resources for diagnosing and treating them at Cooper University Health Care
- At Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders we offer years of experience coupled with high success for all types of infertility.
- The OB/GYN Research Division’s mission is to identify emerging scientific areas and ensure that we are poised to lead in those areas, to develop and maintain infrastructures required for conducting cutting edge research, to promote continuing education for the research team, to identify the needs of the research community and to align our services to meet those needs.
- The Cooper Resuscitation Center provides access to emergent cardiac interventions and therapeutic hypothermia ― the acknowledged gold standard for saving brain function after cardiac arrest.
- Rheumatic heart disease is a condition in which the heart valves have been permanently damaged by rheumatic fever. The heart valve damage may start shortly after untreated or under-treated streptococcal infection such as strep throat or scarlet fever.
- Learn about rheumatoid arthritis, and the expert resources for diagnosing and treating this autoimmune condition at Cooper University Health Care
- Our board-certified rheumatologists treat autoimmune diseases and arthritis using the most advanced technologies available.
- Robotic surgery is a type of minimally invasive surgery being used at Cooper for some cardiac, lung, gynecologic and urologic problems including cancer.
- Our thoracic surgeons are currently performing several different robotic procedures for State 1 and Stage 2 lung cancer, as well as for selected “neoadjuvant” cases, in which the malignancy has already been treated with chemotherapy or radiation and is now considered a good candidate for surgical removal.
- Robotic-assisted cancer surgery (da Vinci ™ Surgical System) uses computer technology that becomes an extension of the surgeon’s wrists, hands, and fingers to remove cancer in a delicate, precise manner while preserving surrounding nerves and tissues.
Get to Know Cooper University Health Care's Services
Individuals around South Jersey and the Delaware Valley can receive specialized attention and care at one of the many Cooper University Health Care facilities in the area. We offer more than 70 different specialties and a network of more than 630 board-certified physicians working in more than 100 office locations.
Read on to learn more about how we can help you!
MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper
MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper has taken advanced cancer care to an entirely new level.
As part of the MD Anderson at Cooper experience, you will have access to:
- MD Anderson Cancer Center’s proven treatment plans
- Specialized cancer expertise
- Clinical trials
- Collaboration by national and regional cancer specialists
- Customized treatment plans
- A full range of supportive care services
Ripa Center for Women’s Health & Wellness
The Ripa Center for Women’s Health and Wellness in Voorhees, NJ, is a leading provider of women’s health services in South Jersey, offering women a higher standard of personal health and well-being.
Available health services at this facility include breast health, osteoporosis treatment, primary care, maternal-fetal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, plus on-site imaging and more. Educational programs centered around health needs, fitness, and individual empowerment are available, too!
Children’s Regional Hospital at Cooper
The Children’s Regional Hospital at Cooper provides high-quality pediatric primary care and comprehensive specialty care services and has the only hospital-based pediatric surgery program in South Jersey. Families no longer need to travel out of state for exceptional care provided by board-certified, fellowship-trained pediatric medical specialists, surgeons, and anesthesiologists.
Cooper also is a verified Level II Pediatric Trauma Center according to the American College of Surgeons and has a dedicated pediatric emergency department with waiting areas and rooms specifically designed to meet the needs of infants and children.
Bone and Joint Institute
The Bone and Joint Institute, focusing on comprehensive musculoskeletal care, is led by a team of fellowship-trained and board-certified experts specializing in orthopedics, rheumatology, sports medicine, podiatry, and rehabilitation.
Cooper is also the first in New Jersey to receive Premier Certification Status for Geriatric Fracture Care from the International Geriatric Fracture Society and is a Blue Distinction® Center for Spine Surgery.
Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery Center
You can finally achieve and maintain your weight-loss goals and take back your life with help from the highly trained experts at our Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery Center, a MBSAQIP Accredited - Comprehensive with Adolescent Qualifications Center.
Our surgeons have performed thousands of weight-loss surgeries and we have a detailed program to help you lose and keep off weight that includes:
- Thorough consultation and evaluation process
- Multidisciplinary approach to your care
- Careful consideration of your goals
- Ongoing follow-up
- Close coordination with your referring doctor
Urgent Care Centers
With multiple urgent care centers throughout the area, you’ll be able to receive prompt and professional assistance when you need it most.
These centers act as an extension of our Emergency Department, providing you with immediate attention under the guidance of a board-certified emergency medicine physician. Patients young or old can stop in at any time to have their cuts, bruises, sprains, falls, and fevers attended to, along with any other non-life threatening condition. Our urgent care centers provide timely and effective care in an always-friendly environment.
Use the Services Search Bar
To make your search easier, we have a helpful search bar for you to use. This tool is capable of directing you to Cooper services with locations near you that are perfectly suited to your medical needs.
Receive the Right Care for Your Needs!
At Cooper University Health Care, serving South Jersey and the Delaware Valley, we’ve created a range of specialized centers so you can receive attentive and proper care for your specific needs. To see which service is right for you, give us a call or use our search tool!